Snowing

Caddies104

Hi

Just about fed up with this weather...was due to go to York Yesterday but could not get the Van out with the 4" of snow we had on Monday, and guess what, it's snowing again.... Envy all those in Spain at the moment. A good time to start planning our next trip I suppose.... :-(

My brother has just returned from France and they have a foot of snow but all the roads are clear. This country is hopeless when it comes to dealing with the consequences of the weather.

On the other hand literally, I sit here typing away with one finger having broken my arm .....slipping on mud 8-)

Just raining here - but that very cold icy rain that hurts your face. Just got back from walking the dogs and even they did not want the "extended" walk - they turned back at the first option and headed home.

Dave - thanks a lot for the pic - I can not tell you how much that cheered me up :-S

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2013-02-13 6:22 PM

Just raining here - but that very cold icy rain that hurts your face. Just got back from walking the dogs and even they did not want the "extended" walk - they turned back at the first option and headed home.

Dave - thanks a lot for the pic - I can not tell you how much that cheered me up :-S

Sorry Clive :'(.................but we are really looking very hard for the snow.........my mate seems to have rusted away waiting for it :D

P1000564web.jpg.318e8992cf43d26723b8b99ace25539d.jpg

Snowing heavily in the York area since mid afternoon - York city centre traffic was at a virtual standstill around rush hour so I would advise keeping away at the moment although the forecast is for the snow to turn to rain overnight and for the temperature to rise quite a lot. Trouble is a quick thaw will create some flooding possibly in the areas around the river, but flooding is not unusual at this time of year although I don't think it will be too serious. Just a word of warning for anyone thinking of approaching York on the A19 from the A1 Selby end.... starting next monday a new roundabout is being built on the A19 Selby to York section, the A19 at that point is going to be totally closed for 10weeks with a diversion through Barlby village. It's not a bad road but I would think there could be some delays so I would avoid the area if possible. The same problem area would hit anyone travelling from the M62 on the A63 towards the A19 near Selby with a diversion for York through the village of Cliffe. A quick look at a map should let anyone identify the area. The new roundabout will be at the junction of the A63 and the A19. Hope this info will save someone a frustrationg journey.

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2013-02-13 8:02 PM

Stopped snowing, now thawing like hell but very strong wind and cold. Brrrrrr.... :-(

Dave

Ideal weather for that old Triumph rag top then? :D

pelmetman - 2013-02-13 8:41 PM

Stopped snowing, now thawing like hell but very strong wind and cold. Brrrrrr.... :-(

Dave

I'll stick the other one on in a couple of weeks

Looks like it would be ideal for where you are B-) That photo was took when I brought it home. It had never been put up since 2003 so it's tightened up and shrunk, inch gaps at top of windows. Will have to leave a heater inside for a couple of days with weights fix to the top edges to pull it back down to correct fit *-) Hoping I won't need the hood unless the weather is like last year, if it is I could do with some nautical experience (lol) But don't QUOTE me on this :D :D

When do you start back?

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2013-02-13 9:22 PM

Dave

Looks like it would be ideal for where you are B-) That photo was took when I brought it home. It had never been put up since 2003 so it's tightened up and shrunk, inch gaps at top of windows. Will have to leave a heater inside for a couple of days with weights fix to the top edges to pull it back down to correct fit *-) Hoping I won't need the hood unless the weather is like last year, if it is I could do with some nautical experience (lol) But don't QUOTE me on this :D :D

When do you start back?

Dave

21st :'( .............cant believe the time has passed so quick 8-)...............I was born to be an idle b*rstard :D

pelmetman - 2013-02-13 9:29 PM

nowtelse2do - 2013-02-13 9:22 PM

Dave

When do you start back?

Dave

21st :'( .............cant believe the time has passed so quick 8-)...............I was born to be an idle b*rstard :D

Yeh...think we were born just a little to early, could have done with one of those benefit jobs, I believe it pays well..........21st.....doesn't seem 2 minutes since I asked you when were you leaving..... 8-) Hows pop,is he better? QUOTE :D

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2013-02-13 9:45 PM

Hows pop,is he better? QUOTE :D

Dave

We have a family saying ;-)..................."He's enjoyed ill health since he was 50"......and has just had his sixth or seventh heart attack ? 8-).....................and now a morbidly obese 81 year old diabetic................who takes 20+ pills a day and insulin injections.........and the doctors told him not to drive..............hopefully he'll drive even slower now :-S......

I see him every morning.......in the mirror when I shave........and have started collecting his ailments *-).........I think I'm going to get a cr*p inheritance >:-(

I thought you got your inheritance years ago Dave, in the shape of Horace? :-S

Its chucking it down here at the moment - we've had a fair bit of snow but the rain is getting rid of it ... I've gotta sling the dogs out (and chase Tazzy round the garden to get her to do her 'ablutions') so ... as the saying goes "I may be some time ....!!!!

Night night boys and girls - don't let the bed bugs bite - unless of course that's what your Mrs gets up to after reading THE book Dave!!!!! :$ (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2013-02-13 11:19 PM

I thought you got your inheritance years ago Dave, in the shape of Horace? :-S

Horace came from Sue's Dad who died a wealthy man at just 64 8-)................yet my Dad seems to be working his way through the medical dictionary :-S......

That's why we semi retired in 2004, and hope to retire fully as soon as the house is sold ;-)............as you never know when you reach your sell by date 8-)....................although I am currently suffering from 50 shades fatigue :D...............I wonder how many premature deaths of middle age men that books responsible for *-)

Guest pelmetman

Found the snow 8-)...................It was waiting for us in Biarritz *-)

Now at Campsite in Bordeaux........no snow but it looks black as a bag over Bills mothers :-S

Archived