Differant Bike Rack

cerro

I thought Members might be interested in the Rack I have just made, If you have a boot that stops you fitting a rack It can be used to carry Tents, empty water cans, And if you can manage to get a swivel wheel and adapt it you could carry a scooter. I am not putting details on here but if anyone is intersted they can e-mail me and I will give them all the Info they need.

P1010014.JPG.9c8ff0f1272ea1b69dd6b6a0a7e70368.JPG

P1010016.JPG.52ce671f23b307de36e9fdc4497d1ebc.JPG

P1010010.JPG.ba0f35c9230cf83549b2ae5e56db0385.JPG

P1010012.JPG.c02ecc989433ff76f5e89644cebe06ef.JPG

frame3.JPG.5513ce4a5929473428ec4fba28c13150.JPG

Interesting - it reminds me of a rack which I designed to fit into the full width 'bump bar' which was on the rear of our Elddis Autoquest 320D (1991). The bump bar was attached to the chassis with 2 square tubes at a right angle to the bar, and I designed the rack to slot into these where it was then secured with padlocks to prevent the rack from moving and also stop someone nicking it! As it was attached direct to the chassis via the tubes we didn't have a problem with overloading a tow ball as the 'clip on' type racks create.

Tidy job Cerro but due to the projection behind the vehicle I think you will need to add a light and number plate board. I don't knoww the specific regulations but many years ago rearward projectios were only allowed up to 150mm (I think) behind the light units before the ned for auxiliary rear lights to denote the rearmost part of the vehicle (as your carrier is attached to the chassis presumably i becomes part of the vehicle).

D.

Thanks for your comments Dave, Yes I do have a board, all ready to fit, there are only two bolts that hold it all on. so its easy to take off in case of problems with ferry ect,Just wished I could get a Swivel wheel but I cant get one enywhere. The usa wont export.

Hi Cerro,

Just remember that if you use a trailer board for lighting you will have to replace the triangular reflectors with round, square or rectangular ones as triangular must only be used on a trailer and your rack is definitely not a trailer!

Keith.

Archived