56 Plate Hymer

tugga

We have got a grey strip in our side windows that move when we open or close them. Both sides now have broken and we cannot open or close them without faffing around with them, so we need to replace them. Does anyone have any idea where I can get a pair from?

I have tried Google, Ebay, O'Leary's and Hymer UK.

Cheryl,

I knew I had seen this question asked before and have just found the thread but unfortunately it doesn't answer your question where to get parts from :-(

Try looking back at the thread from Sept 2011 and especially the U Tube link 7 down from Brambles... Link for details of how to replace the band.

Keith.

I suspect that the version you have is the "central locking" version, where the use of a single handle unlocks a number of locking points, by means of the grey strip moving.

If so, you may find that Leisurespares might be able to get the parts.

http://www.leisurespares.co.uk

If you look at the page headed "Spare Parts S7Z-Window" in the following document, it should give you the reference you need. (which is probably BG1350).

http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/05_s7-window.pdf

(and I hope, boosted by references elsewhere, that the comment "* = only for manufacturers" applies to the complete windows, and not to spares).

In any case, Leisurespares should be able to give you the full picture, (though I doubt the parts, if they are available, will be cheap).

HTH

Thank You Robin Hood for the links, I will look at them with my OH when he gets home. As for your comment about them not being cheap - thats the story of our life ha ha. Your terminology of it being central locking is spot on, thats exactly what its like.

I have seen the previous link and the YouTube video Keith - thanks for posting - I have left a message for Brambles, but he has never got back to me.

Thank you both very much for your responses, both are most helpful.

Solved the mystery.

response to your question on youtube....

" AlfrescoBay 2 weeks ago

If my memory serves me correctly I bought the parts from Hymer UK which I believe was part of Brownhills a couple of years ago when I did the video. I? think they cost approx £45. Good luck.

in reply to Cheryl Dyer. "

By the way I am not AlfrescoBay who posted the Youtube video, I just copied the link to it.

UPDATE: Been onto Leisure Spares and fortunately they had 2 in stock and they are now winging their way to us via their delivery company. It was really easy and they know their products at Leisure Spares so I recommend them but the price has increased to £53 - ouch! but at least we will be able to open our windows easier now.

tugga - 2013-02-22 2:33 PM

UPDATE: Been onto Leisure Spares and fortunately they had 2 in stock and they are now winging their way to us via their delivery company. It was really easy and they know their products at Leisure Spares so I recommend them but the price has increased to £53 - ouch! but at least we will be able to open our windows easier now.

.....yes, they're not really a discount firm, but they do know their stuff, and can source a plethora of manufacturer's spares.

Good result!

Archived