first time abroad advice

jordano

timkitchen - 2013-04-17 6:09 AM

Ah! Europe is such a beautiful country I have ever seen. I think you may find all kind of foods there at affordable prices. If you are planning to go there with children's then you should carry some essential food items with you (especially those which are favorite of your kids).

Furthermore you can hire a caravan there for traveling. It is very useful. Since last time we were there (me and my family) we have also hired a caravan and I must say this idea integrates our fun.

I Did not realise EUROPE was a country.!! (though some politicians, would like to think so)

PJay

Hello Jordano,

we have just had our first winter away(7 months) france,spain,portugal, portugal was the only place that refused english cards, lidl portugal won't take them at all, some others have a 20euro threshold, so you may consider a prepaid debit card to save you costs when having to draw more cash than expected, we used caxton, we also set up a dd to pay our credit card balance each month in case we couldn't get on line to do it, found free wifi along the algarve, but usually have to reconnect every 20-30 minutes

regards food, tea bags, coffee, sauces especially curry, and toiletries we found difficult or expensive, even if you find iceland abroad as we did they hike the price for english foodstuffs.

enjoy your trip

snail

Iain Strachan - 2013-04-13 11:53 PM

John, Don't worry too much about the food stuffs, tea yes, and just take the dried stuff you use at home salt, pepper, instant coffee. Part of the joy is eating local produce, for us, veal, horse, cheese, some strange fish, and fresh veg. all available in local markets. Just enjoy after all it's part of your trip, and new experiences will make it very memorable.

Have fun.

Yes, exactly!

I agree, I would also take some essential things but then I would enjoy the local food. And also they have supermarkets there and some things are even cheaper!

In this way your luggage could also be lighter when you leave.

Archived