Selling my Motorhome

Mistycat1320

Hi all I want to sell my 2006 bessaccar 4 berth motorhome it's in ex condition i put it on auto trader but had no joy but a firm call motorHomeDepot.com have been in touch with us and say they can sell it for us with no cost to us whatsoever but do take 10% of the selling price has anyone else dealt with this firm and can you advise me if they are reliable many thanks

Mistycat1320 - 2013-04-12 11:33 AM

Hi all I want to sell my 2006 bessaccar 4 berth motorhome it's in ex condition i put it on auto trader but had no joy but a firm call motorHomeDepot.com have been in touch with us and say they can sell it for us with no cost to us whatsoever but do take 10% of the selling price has anyone else dealt with this firm and can you advise me if they are reliable many thanks

Not sure how you think their is no cost to you, 10% of selling price is pretty hefty. My last two both sold on ebay by auction, no problem. You have to be realistic with the price though.

rupert123 - 2013-04-12 1:32 PM

10% of selling price is pretty hefty. My last two both sold on ebay by auction, no problem. You have to be realistic with the price though.

Not really - 10% ain't bad if they valet, service and give a warranty?

Especially when you consider that dealer margin is generally three times that on a mid twenties thousand pound van.

How do find the best way to get paid on theses larger value sales Henry?

I'm sure there was a big discussion on this company a while ago and the outcome was not good!

I've tried searching the forum for a link without luck. I seem to recall they where linked to a hire company who had done a runner with someone's money and it turned out they where bad news.

I stand to be corrected if anyone has further info but I would strongly suggest checking the company out possibly by simply Googling the name or doing a check at companies house on it's directors.

Keith.

Tracker - 2013-04-12 1:38 PM

rupert123 - 2013-04-12 1:32 PM

10% of selling price is pretty hefty. My last two both sold on ebay by auction, no problem. You have to be realistic with the price though.

Not really - 10% ain't bad if they valet, service and give a warranty?

Especially when you consider that dealer margin is generally three times that on a mid twenties thousand pound van.

How do find the best way to get paid on theses larger value sales Henry?

Both times £10,000 credit transfer and rest in £20 notes, took a while to check and count it though. With cars sales always been cash, although these amounts a lot smaller.

Guest Peter James

You have to be prepared for a lot of timewasters.

My last van was 18 years old, I had it from new and it was immaculate.

The first person who actually turned up to see it paid the full asking price in cash and drove it away all in less than an hour.

But I lost count of the number of timewasters I had in between.

Typically, one guy phoned up and said it will be just the thing for me any my missus to go camping, i will have it and be round tomorrow morning. Never heard from him again. I suspect his missus told him if you think I am going camping in that you can dream on *-) Well fair enough. But he could at least have phoned back to let me know.

Guest Peter James

.... and what can you do about all the timewasters?

If you complain about them on the forum where you have advertised it people will wrongly assume there was something wrong with your van ..

I expressed an interest in a van from them,they have some on ebay on behalf of owners offering part ex.The price they offered for my van was ridiculously low.The vans are left at the owners premises the Motorhome Depot market the vehicle.They have been back in touch by email checking to see if I was still interested, so at least they actively market the vans,rather than sit back and do nothing.

Like many others I have managed to sell all but one of my previous vans on ebay,part ex'd the last one as I didn't want the hassle this time.

It`s all about putting them on at a Realistic Price.

I`ve recently sold a Car and a Ifor Williams Box trailer on Ebay and a Tow Car with A-Frame in the Classifieds on here

All sold quickly, in fact the Trailer went within 2 hours of me putting it on there and they all

sold for the Full Asking Price.

I pitched them at slightly above what i was prepared to accept in order to come down a little

and the buyer would be happy getting something off.

I`ve had people saying " You should have asked more " but i was more than happy with

what i got for them.

At the end of the day my items sold and quickly.

Money in the bank is worth more than the item still sat on your drive with a " For Sale " notice

on it at a higher price.

Archived