Our visit to Brownhills

Poppy

If you must have a very high level of ‘winterisation’, then you’ll need to restrict your choice to motorhome models built on an Al-Ko chassis. If you must have an unusually narrow A-class design, then (as far as I’m aware) you’ll be limited to Dethleffs Globebus or Hymer Exsis models. If you must have exterior mirrors that can be folded easily then you can forget A-class designs altogether.

PMS (Perfect Motorhome Syndrome) is a well known cause of incredible stress, marital disharmony and is accompanied by vast loss of wealth to the benefit of dealerships whose sales staff know despicably little about the products they would have you buy.

A well known cure is to realise the perfect 'van, for all times and occasions, just does not exist.

Anyone spending more time looking for a new 'van than using one is probably in the advanced stages of the syndrome.

There is no known cure and sufferers are almost certainly doomed to a life of being tormented by minutiae until all personal wealth is finally exhausted.

Re double floor. Have a look at Frankia. We have a Frankia FF2. All tanks etc in double floor. 6.48 metres long 3.5 tonnes. Bright large rear lounge with really easily made beds. Great full width bathroom. Small boot takes our fold up bikes plus chairs table BBq's etc. Bought it from Germany last year after seeing it at the Dusseldorf show in 2011. Nowhere as expensive as the review on this site suggests. We love it and done 16,000 miles in just over one year. got the Ducato 130 and getting 31 mpg (genuine).

Guest JudgeMental
Derek Uzzell - 2013-04-23 9:06 AM

If you must have a very high level of ‘winterisation’, then you’ll need to restrict your choice to motorhome models built on an Al-Ko chassis. If you must have an unusually narrow A-class design, then (as far as I’m aware) you’ll be limited to Dethleffs Globebus or Hymer Exsis models. If you must have exterior mirrors that can be folded easily then you can forget A-class designs altogether.

I suggested this Terrestra earlier. alko chassis, lowest van in its class, beautifully finished plus fully winterized (double floor),.GRP body and 8 models to choose from. My favorite range of CB

http://www.euramobil.de/modelle_terrestra_teilintegriert.html?L=1

here are 2 T650, large twin single beds over a large garage, price under £50K on the road here

http://tinyurl.com/c2c8xpk

http://tinyurl.com/cts8bqt

AliB - 2013-04-23 10:06 AM

Derek Uzzell - 2013-04-23 9:06 AM

then (as far as I’m aware) you’ll be limited to Dethleffs Globebus or Hymer Exsis models..

Knaus Van i looks interesting and seems to have a good payload.

http://www.knaus.de/en/motorhomes/van-i/highlights.html

I noticed the "Van i" range in MMM's Buyers' Guide listings, but (as I couldn't find any mention in Knaus's 2013 catalogue) thought the entries were in error and referred to Knaus low-profile models.

The Van i 550 MD model is certainly short and (for an A-class motorhome) narrow, although It has the bus-style exterior mirrors, pull-down overcab bed and high rear bed (over garage) that Poppy wasn't keen on with the Rapido. There are video clips of the model on-line and some good photos here http://tinyurl.com/c2wvyyw

The £46995-£49495 prices quoted in MMM's Buyers' Guide for the three Van i models seem very reasonable.

crinklystarfish - 2013-04-23 9:28 AM

PMS (Perfect Motorhome Syndrome) is a well known cause of incredible stress, marital disharmony and is accompanied by vast loss of wealth to the benefit of dealerships whose sales staff know despicably little about the products they would have you buy.

A well known cure is to realise the perfect 'van, for all times and occasions, just does not exist.

Anyone spending more time looking for a new 'van than using one is probably in the advanced stages of the syndrome.

There is no known cure and sufferers are almost certainly doomed to a life of being tormented by minutiae until all personal wealth is finally exhausted.

Like!!!!!

Guest pelmetman
crinklystarfish - 2013-04-23 9:28 AM

:D...............I have personal experience of this syndrome as my parents suffered seriously from it 8-)..............in its worst stages they actually exchanged a brand new Merc "A" class Rapido, after 3 months for a new Hymer "A" class *-)....................why?................because the telly was to high (lol) (lol) (lol)

"There is no known cure and sufferers are almost certainly doomed to a life of being tormented by minutiae until all personal wealth is finally exhausted"

That part is also true as my OM has spent the last few years in Spain complaining that he has no money left *-)

Archived