"Objects" and "monstrosities", not Motorhomes

Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn - 2013-04-27 6:51 PM

Strangely enough, a moderator moved it from where the OP posted in first place, to the Motorhome section - when it is clearly anti-motorhome.

In line with CC attitude toward those pesky monstrosities called motorhomes maybe?

You know the ones - those second class club members who just turn up at 5.00 pm and expect to be able to stop for just one night, empty their loo get fresh water - and all for only about £20 mind you - the bare faced cheek of 'em - fancy expecting that on a club site!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you have to understand is that caravaners are inferior beings to us motorhomes but superior to campers. That is why they resent us and would like to see us gone.

I exclude from this observation the couple we were chatting to on the last site we were at who had a Vanmaster caravan towed by a V8 top,of the range Range Rover. Both magnificent British products.

mirage - 2013-04-27 8:16 PM

The above posts seem to go hand in hand with the daftness of leaning across to wave at another motorhome going the other way on a dual carriageway.

Or the daftness of waving at any motorhome as it passes you, occupants wildly waving with glee - and who then proceed to totally ignore everyone else and disappear indoors to twirl their sat dish when they get on site or Aire!

Long gone are the days when a motorhomer would stop and offer help in the true spirit of friendship when he came upon another motor caravaner in difficulty!

One of the reasons we left the CC this year was because they seem to be bias towards caravans. Sites not very close to any thing. Caravans taking up lot's of space with Large caravans (Some are much bigger than our MH) Awings and Gazebo, and then parking their cars on another pitch.

Sad how narrow minded people can be, Lifes to short to bother with them and there views.

PJay

Colin Leake - 2013-04-27 8:02 PM

What you have to understand is that caravaners are inferior beings to us motorhomes but superior to campers. That is why they resent us and would like to see us gone.

I exclude from this observation the couple we were chatting to on the last site we were at who had a Vanmaster caravan towed by a V8 top,of the range Range Rover. Both magnificent British products.

On reflection I should have made it clear that those using PVCs should be classed level with caravaners. That is to say inferior to those of us who use proper motorhomes but superior to campers, just.

Tracker - 2013-04-27 8:33 PM

mirage - 2013-04-27 8:16 PM

The above posts seem to go hand in hand with the daftness of leaning across to wave at another motorhome going the other way on a dual carriageway.

Or the daftness of waving at any motorhome as it passes you, occupants wildly waving with glee - and who then proceed to totally ignore everyone else and disappear indoors to twirl their sat dish when they get on site or Aire!

Long gone are the days when a motorhomer would stop and offer help in the true spirit of friendship when he came upon another motor caravaner in difficulty!

No it's not I assure you we would stop and offer help. Hell we'd even stop to help a caravaner.

Colin Leake - 2013-04-27 9:11 PM

No it's not I assure you we would stop and offer help. Hell we'd even stop to help a caravaner.

So do we - if it is safe and nobody else is in attendance - and sometimes do get strange looks as if we have an ulterior motive when we do stop to offer help!!

But most people are appreciative and thank us although it's been a few years since I gave away a fan belt or brake bits or an ignition coil!

Some seasons ago I help what I thought was a poor little old man who had should we say had an unfortunate accident in the toilet. Cleaned him up and went to get some clean clothes from his caravan for him. Thought the van looked a bit more up market than I'd expected but thought no more of it. Later that evening he took the trouble to come and find us with three bottles of a very fine single malt whiskey. When I looked a bit embarrased at taking them he laughed and explained he was a director said whiskey distillery. I was impressed with the whiskey but even more impressed that he had taken the trouble to come and find me to say thanks. Turned out he was on his own having recently lost his wife so we invited him round for a meal the following night. He was a real old fashioned gentelman who had led a very interesting life. We enjoyed his company for the evening and hope he enjoyed ours.

You certainly do meet a lot of interesting people on site if you take the trouble to talk to them.

Guest JudgeMental
bloody awful things caravans...... The choice of common folk, the hoi polloi, tinkers and gypsies.. Also of UK's resident Nazi Nigel arsewipe - Farage...About sums it up really :D ......NEXT! :-D

Colin Leake - 2013-04-27 8:02 PM

Are you talking about the caravan/car or the couple there Colin! 8-) (lol)

Tracker - 2013-04-27 8:03 PM

Bolly1965 - 2013-04-27 7:13 PM

It's a wind up - surely

No - I think the CC are serious!!

CC members - both motorhomers and caravanners - who have responded to the post are opposed to the comments on the opening post.

rupert123 - 2013-04-27 3:33 PM

paulmold - 2013-04-27 1:04 PM

rupert123 - 2013-04-27 12:49 PM

The thread has been closed by the mod. over their.

Doesn't appear to be closed.

No you are correct, just been moved.

It was finally closed 5 hours ago.

Guest JudgeMental
fairweather camper - 2013-04-29 3:42 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-04-28 8:04 PM

bloody awful things caravans...... The choice of common folk, the hoi polloi, tinkers and gypsies.. Also of UK's resident Nazi Nigel arsewipe - Farage...About sums it up really :D ......NEXT! :-D

Bloody hell, you are so aptly named, but I suspect a wind up ?

You think? Turns our 2 more of the UKIP gang are also caravaners...One who said women should not be employed as unreliable when they become pregent. another just sacked because of comments re Holocaust *-)

I find it sad that there seems to be an "us and them" situation.

In the 2 + years we've had our motorhome, I don't think we've been approached for a chat by any tugger, and we stay mostly on CC sites.

I generally pop over for a chat with whomever our neighbours are. I find it of interest discovering why they have awnings and lots of gizmos etc.

As we've only got a moderate sized 'van (and it's 8 years old) I reckon most of the tuggers actually look down on us, as they invariably have fairly new powerful and highly polished 4x4's.

The fact that we cycle everywhere once on site probably compounds the issue.

I mean cyclists....we're the poor relations of the road, ain't we. ;-)

nuevoboy - 2013-04-29 4:31 PM

As we've only got a moderate sized 'van (and it's 8 years old) I reckon most of the tuggers actually look down on us, as they invariably have fairly new powerful and highly polished 4x4's.

;-)

I think it's always been like that. We were in the CC over 20 years ago and went on a lot of rallies. It always seemed a 'keeping up with Joneses' clique. Our van was old by comparison and we always felt as if we didn't belong. We left for CC and joined the other lot but the us and them exists there as well. Last year we decided to join both as we wanted more choice of sites but find motorhomers talk to motorhomers and caravanners talk to caravanners and nobody talks to tenters.

I'll talk to anyone me!

I've chatted to loads of tuggers and a few people in tents. I have to say that the most socialble people I've come across have been on commercial sites.

Perhaps the fact that people are in a 'club' indicates their clique mentality?

Guest pelmetman

Funny old world init :D...............Still judging a book by its cover *-)

When we inherited Horace in 1992 people thought we were yuppies.........as motorhomes were far less common in those days ;-)..............

Now we're like a mobile council estate on CC sites :D..................we are no longer members, but latterly when on a busy CC site you'd see vans drive around for ages trying to decide between the duff pitches or the ones next to us >:-)........

After they'd pitched I'd get my charcoal bbq or ukulele out (lol)..............

Maybe I should rejoin (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

paulmold - 2013-04-29 5:35 PM

nuevoboy - 2013-04-29 4:31 PM

;-)

I think it's always been like that. We were in the CC over 20 years ago and went on a lot of rallies. It always seemed a 'keeping up with Joneses' clique. Our van was old by comparison and we always felt as if we didn't belong. We left for CC and joined the other lot but the us and them exists there as well. Last year we decided to join both as we wanted more choice of sites but find motorhomers talk to motorhomers and caravanners talk to caravanners and nobody talks to tenters.

Like this you mean? :

CC Caravanner member: (In twin axle caravan, pulled by a Ranger Rover, pitched on a CC Site)

I look down on him (indicates CC Motorhomer member) because I am a superior CC member.

CC Motorhomer member (staying on an Aire):

I look up to him (CC Caravanner member) because he is a superior CC member; but I look down on him (Tenter) because he is a C&CC Member and cannot be a CC member.

Tenter: (wearing fleece and woolly hat on a C&CC site)

I know my pitch. I look up to them both. But I don't look up to him (CC Motorhomer member) as much as I look up to him (CC Caravanner member), because he is very welcome on CC Sites.

CC Caravanner member:

I can use CC Sites, but I can not use Aires. So sometimes I look up (bends knees, does so) to him (CC Motorhomer member).

CC Motorhomer member:

I still look up to him (CC Caravanner member) because although I can use Aires I am barely tolerated on CC Sites. But I am not as off the CC pitch as him (Tenter on C&CC Site) so I still look down on him (Tenter).

Tenter: I know my pitch. I look up to them both.

CC Motorhomer member: We all know our pitch, but what do we get out of it?

CC Caravanner member: I get a feeling of superiority over them.

CC Motorhomer member:

I get a feeling of inferiority from him, (CC Caravanner member), but a feeling of superiority over him (Tenter – C&CC member).

Tenter: I get a draught in my neck through the back of the tent.

[With apologies to Marty Feldman, John Law and anyone not old enough to remember The Frost Report.]

Bolly1965 - 2013-04-29 7:18 PM

I'll talk to anyone me!

I've chatted to loads of tuggers and a few people in tents. I have to say that the most socialble people I've come across have been on commercial sites.

Perhaps the fact that people are in a 'club' indicates their clique mentality?

Must admit we've found those on commercial sites much friendlier too! We've often helped put up tents, loaned out bits and pieces without a second thought - we even helped a couple put up a tent at the Newark show (they must have been mad to go tent-camping in snow!!!).

IMV the CC and CCC have increased prices to such an extent now that those who pay to stay on their sites 'expect' a high standard and 'benefit' in return, and if they don't get what they think they've paid for they ain't happy! :-S

Archived