Bank holiday blues

Pampam

I no longer camp anywhere in this country, part of the reason is the insistance upon booking. in addition many campsites do not welcome short stays in "peak" periods.

Then there is the freezing and wet weather and the anti motorhome attitude of many councils.

So we go abroad, we spend our money abroad and if it was up to me (it is not!) I would live abroad.

This morning I am off to a family wedding, I will stay in my motorhome on a relatives drive. I cannot find a parking place where the wedding takes place that will accept my weight or height. I will be forced to borrow a car.

Roll on France, another 6 weeks to go :-D

H

Pampam - 2013-05-23 9:22 AM

Ever tried getting a late booking on ANY campsite ???? What a nightmare thought I was working now I'm not ,and I can't get in anywhere b..gg..r. !!

Really? any campsite?

Do you include CLs / CSs / Britstops and the rest in that description?

And if you do, and they too are all full, why not use your motorhome as a motorhome and just (legally) stay wherever takes your fancy?

Hi Pampam,

I was going to suggest an ATOC rally but unfortunately this must be the only weekend of the year when they don't have a rally :-(

The following weekend they have a rally at Stone Hockey Club if you can make it then.

Keith.

Hi

As Tracker state's above here, what if any clubs are our in. If you are in the camping club (dare we mention it) they have many Tempary Holiday Sites all over the country, most will be just turn up.

This is one of the big holiday weeks for them,so there are many to choose from. Most are only £7/8 a night all in for 2 adults.

The camping club's local DAs will also be running long-weekend rallies all over the country, and most of them will make you welcome if you just turn up.

HWO

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 10:08 AM

weather forecast abysmal....there will be loads of cancellations.....including us!

Blimey what forecast is that, i was going down to sussex in the van this weekend

bit scared to walk out the door now

Guest JudgeMental
dawki - 2013-05-23 12:15 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 10:08 AM

weather forecast abysmal....there will be loads of cancellations.....including us!

Blimey what forecast is that, i was going down to sussex in the van this weekend

bit scared to walk out the door now

its the same everywhere unless you want to drive to south of france..Sunday onwards rubbish.. picking up next weekend *-)

http://www.theargus.co.uk/li/weather.in.Brighton/

I'm based in South Yorkshire I have one night off which is Sunday all cc sites with vacancies are in far south tried whitby ,Filey,runs wick bay,have had a scan in camping and caravaning mags and going to study it later have never been on one of their meetings cos am a hermit ,have been thinking about wildcamping somewhere but didn't think you could in england I know you can in Scotland any suggestions what area I can camp in???(wildly)

Pampam - 2013-05-23 3:51 PM

I'm based in South Yorkshire I have one night off which is Sunday all cc sites with vacancies are in far south tried whitby ,Filey,runs wick bay,have had a scan in camping and caravaning mags and going to study it later have never been on one of their meetings cos am a hermit ,have been thinking about wildcamping somewhere but didn't think you could in england I know you can in Scotland any suggestions what area I can camp in???(wildly)

I would be off wilding if I were you. Find something with hard standing. If your heading up the Yorkshire coast here are a couple of options. I have been to both but not stayed overnight but know people who do / have without problems. Be careful around Flambourough head etc if you go that way and the same for much of that coast as they dont like wild campers but Bempton as far as I know is allowed.

Also there is the Ship Inn at Sewerby between Bridlington and Flambourough. Charming place and ideally suited for walking or cycling along the cliff tops in either direction. Or if you prefer just spending the weekend in the bar getting bladdered!

There are lots of CL and CS Sites dotted around the area as well so maybe give some of them a ring. Here are some links

http://www.shipinnsewerby.co.uk/home/4574817080

Plough Inn Filey http://goo.gl/maps/oUc79

Nature reserve Bempton near Flamborough Bridlington http://goo.gl/maps/GuWJ1

Not going away this weekend - digging a wildlife pond in the garden - thought I might make it big enough to suit one or two members on here - along with the other frogs, toads, newts and bugs - any nominations please!!

Tracker - 2013-05-23 7:27 PMNot going away this weekend - digging a wildlife pond in the garden - thought I might make it big enough to suit one or two members on here - along with the other frogs, toads, newts and bugs - any nominations please!!

Very public spirited of you Tracker...making a 'home' for 'pond life'.....  :-D

Pampam - 2013-05-23 9:22 AMEver tried getting a late booking on ANY campsite ???? What a nightmare thought I was working now I'm not ,and I can't get in anywhere b..gg..r. !!
 Well the answer to that is to join the Camping and Caravaning Club then like me you can just turn up at a Rally as I am doing this weekend at Lymington with no worries about booking and being assured  that I will be welcome and  able to Camp, SIMPLES.

Archived