swift suntor water level sensor

sreve

hi all

i have a 1998 swift suntor,my problem is the clean water level gauge isn't working.The sensor in the tank has 5 probes that are all clean and not corroded.I was thinking of buying a new sensor to see if that is the problem(if they are cheap enough!!!) but i can't seem to find one like it anywhere online.

Has anyone got any ideas or advice.

Thanks.

bye the way the waste tank indicator isn't working either,i've read that the probe probably needs cleaning,but i'm not sure how to get to the probe in the waste tank.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

There is not a lot that can go wrong with the sensor as it is, as you say, 5 bits of wire. Have you given it a good clean to remove any surface residue as I had a similar problem?

Waste water indicator in mine has never worked and I do not think it is even wired up. Never bothered looking for it as I just empty regularly

I'd start by checking the wiring on the outside of the tank to all the probes, one will be a 'common' and then the others will be the individual levels.

IIRC the lowest one is the common.

As you say no level works then I'd suspect a faulty connection to the common terminal.

Keith.

To me, and also having a 2008 Bessie, iwould suggest that you also try the control panel , undo the screws, pull out the panel then pull out the connectors from the back, leav e for a few minutes, then re instate, hopefully this will then work, if not I would suggest replacing the control panel, hope this may work, regards.

Archived