How thick can you get?

Pampam

It's an arapaho got it in April have had three vans previous a Palermo a cheyanne and a new apache that I part exed for a three year old arapaho been doing it just over two years but wanted one since I was a nipper(I used to design my own ) when other girls were dressing their dolls lol.

Guest pelmetman
Pampam - 2013-06-02 5:27 PM

It's an arapaho got it in April have had three vans previous a Palermo a cheyanne and a new apache that I part exed for a three year old arapaho been doing it just over two years but wanted one since I was a nipper(I used to design my own ) when other girls were dressing their dolls lol.

Blimey 4 vans in two years 8-)..................you must be salesman dream :D..........No wonder you never bothered to fill the tank (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2013-06-02 5:39 PM

Blimey 4 vans in two years 8-)..................you must be salesman dream :D..........No wonder you never bothered to fill the tank (lol) (lol)

That's my kinda girl!!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2013-06-02 5:54 PM

pelmetman - 2013-06-02 5:39 PM

That's my kinda girl!!

I must be a salesman nightmare >:-)

Yes it wasn't meant to be like that tho we liked the Palermo (06) but it had a terrible reverse but we persevered went all the way to Essex to get a driveaway awning on way back called at dealers to get a groundsheet to go in said awning and bought a cheyanne instead which we both absolutely loved . That was September used it a few times then beginning of may fully loaded off on BIG hols konked out 2 miles down road 2 months later the dealers didn't know what was wrong with it so I part exed for new apache which was never really what we wanted I suppose then saw the arapaho and fell for it end of story part exed again. It turned out to be the clutch in comfortmatic gearbox on cheyanne it was still in bits six months later. Word of warning never breakdown at 5.30am rac fetched it to our home but then caravan guard wouldn't take it to dealers cos I wasn't covered for breakdown at home even tho I could proof it had been recovered by rac and rac wouldn't do a relay recovery to dealers it cost me £380 to take it to dealers what a performance (when we should have been going on hols) I wish I'd known about motorhome forum then cos I didn't know what to do.i ended up reading an article by that gentleman jack and decided against litigation cos it had gone 1 week over the three years lol. Pp

Don't worry Pam we all make mistakes it's human to err. As to water in tanks I only use the onboard water for washing etc. we carry a 5 litre plastic container for drinking and teeth it's not a lot of trouble and at least we know it's fresh our onboard tank has been known to accidently be left almost full over winter and you would not want to drink that. Keep on with what you know and ask for what you lack we are mostly friendly on here but beware trolls (there not dangerous just foolish ) John :-D

Guest pelmetman
I once overwintered a full waste tank :$..................and I'd been a motorhomer for 20 years :D

Thanks for the info Pampam; it certainly helps to understand.............sort of!

I think you have been badly served by your dealer, or maybe several dealers. They seem to have made quite a bit of money out of you with very little customer care in return.

When you trade your last purchase why not ask the dealer for a PROPER demonstration, and make sure that they do a proper job?

Would I go back to one of the dealers you've bought from in the past ?........ I doubt it.

Good luck, and I hope you end up with a decent holiday

alan b

Only one dealer and am sure they've made tons of dosh off me but I've ended up with a van that me and the old fella absolutely love .it happened a year ago and was two months of hell, after sales service was abysmal ,incompetent and rude:however I do believe things have improved at said dealers ,but I hope I don't have serious issues to have to find out (fingers crossed eh?)

Pampam - 2013-06-02 7:23 PM

Only one dealer ............. I've ended up with a van that me and the old fella absolutely love .it happened a year ago and was two months of hell

Well I hope you have some good trips. Where are you going? and are you going to take things steadily, and build on it steadily? I don't know if your van has an owners club? that has owners meets? I'm not that keen myself, but if you are, then I think they would welcome you and be very helpful. Might work?

All the best, and let us know how you get on

cheers

alan b

I am a hermit in real life so although a member of atoc haven't been on a rally yet would have liked to go on factory rally but it always coincides with another commitment every year so never mind but I might go on a factory visit individually :

Pampam,

It's definitely time to come out of your shell then!

We kind of had the same attitude at first but now we've been on a few rallies all I can say is that the ATOC are a really friendly crowd! In fact we spent last weekend with about 20 other AT's at Stone Hockey Club and had a fantastic time in spite of the hockey club double booking us with a hockey tournament. Have a look on their website Link to ATOC and be a devil and book a rally. The 1,000th rally at the end of August promises to be a good one.

If you go on one let us know as we may be there as well.

Keith.

Keithl - 2013-06-03 12:27 PM

Pampam,

It's definitely time to come out of your shell then!

We kind of had the same attitude at first but now we've been on a few rallies all I can say is that the ATOC are a really friendly crowd! In fact we spent last weekend with about 20 other AT's at Stone Hockey Club ..........be a devil and book a rally. The 1,000th rally at the end of August promises to be a good one.

If you go on one let us know as we may be there as well.

Keith.

Well said Keith; I was trying to work out what ATOC was! and couldn't remember the term...RALLY (never having been to one..........Our Owners Club ny its nature only has one member).

I think they must be very good for sharing information and experience

regards

alan b

Pampam

You might consider joining the Auto Trail Owners Club (ATOC), as you have one, they are a great source of information and help on their vans, nothing better than discussing vans over a glass of wine or tea with biscuits/cake.

They do quite a lot of rallies all over the country and some rather nice continental tours.

(lol)

Archived