Motorhome habitation water pump

Chudders

I recently had what I thought was going to be a problem. The water pump for the motorhome systems was only working intermittently. I traced the problem easily to a loose connection but it got me thinking how inconvenient it would be if away and the pump packs up. ie Can,t flush toilet, or water from taps, hot water etc etc.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a new pump 'just in case' to carry as a spare

Leisure direct incidentally, superb service , next day delivered.

Wondered whether anyone else carries a spare, but I suppose I,m paranoid, where do you stop carrying spares for other things but I would be stuffed without a water pump.

Dave

Yep, carry a spare water pump and a spare regulator, both of which could be a pain in the bum if they fail.

I have had a water pump go and it means going back to container and pouring water all the time.

I wonder if there are other things we should carry?

H

hallii - 2013-06-14 6:43 PM

Yep, carry a spare water pump and a spare regulator, both of which could be a pain in the bum if they fail.

I have had a water pump go and it means going back to container and pouring water all the time.

I wonder if there are other things we should carry?

H

Never thought about a regulator but I think I have got one somewhere. Now I,m going to get more paranoid as people suggest other possible spares, I will end up a van full of spares, forgot I,ve already got a spare toilet cassette

Dave

Keithl - 2013-06-14 8:45 PM

Dave,

If you're getting that paranoid then it sounds like you need to carry a spare MH and then you've got all bases covered :D :D :D

Keith.

But would just one spare motorhome be good enough, what happens if I have a problem with the spare

My head hurts now, think I will have a whiskey, that makes more sense

Dave

Archived