Municipal IIe de Re

mac111051

JudgeMental - 2013-07-09 11:38 AM

bolero boy - 2013-07-09 11:15 AM

sshortcircuit - 2013-07-09 9:38 AM

From what I gather I did not miss much although thats me jumping to conclusions.

You've been reading too many of Henry's (Rupert123) posts. Great place for chilling out, walking, cycling, eating seafood, drinking good wine and generally relaxing. a great end wind-down to a long break.

No good if you like mountains, blocks of flats, raging torrents, motorways and the like.

Indeed...but while you were embracing Joie de vivre, H probably eating his oven chips :-D .

Very laid back and some really nice beaches. mind you avoid St Martin on a summer day as it gets very busy. We have had some good summer holidays there and the safe cycling routes through the towns lovely.....I remember this subject before and the usual old jaded prejudices pop up time and time again. SS so funny.... he turned around here, and did exactly the same at Mont saint Michel shortly after....what an astonishing skin flint! :D

Still embracing it, Eddie (metaphorically) from Somerset. The bread, pate, cheese, fruit and veg orders are going through the roof!..................................oh, and the vino!

JudgeMental - 2013-07-09 11:38 AM

bolero boy - 2013-07-09 11:15 AM

sshortcircuit - 2013-07-09 9:38 AM

From what I gather I did not miss much although thats me jumping to conclusions.

You've been reading too many of Henry's (Rupert123) posts. Great place for chilling out, walking, cycling, eating seafood, drinking good wine and generally relaxing. a great end wind-down to a long break.

No good if you like mountains, blocks of flats, raging torrents, motorways and the like.

Indeed...but while you were embracing Joie de vivre, H probably eating his oven chips :-D .

! :D

What is wrong with oven chips, at least we have an oven. (lol)

Its not much good if you like scenery of any kind, it has none worth looking at. I would agree if you like flat all the same cycle tracks, good if your main idea of a decent place involves sitting on second rate beaches, as for good walking, where, it is, as I said one of the most boring places in France, probably the world. As for drinking good wine, you can do that all over Europe, still on the Ill de Re you can at least get drunk to forget the boredom of it all.

Archived