Truma C4002

cerro

I was wondering if anyone could help, I just found the Truma C4002 won’t work on my van it was working perfect but now when I turn the dial it won’t light up or start. I have checked all the fuses the two small ones under the switch and the 12v ones in the van I have also checked the ones on the dash and the ones under the bonnet. I have also checked the safety micro switch on the window for the exhaust. Am I missing something simple? It just seems dead no power; there is plenty of gas in the bottles. The hot water works on the mains. Any help would be appreciated before I take it in to a heating engineer. Thank you.

If you have no lights at all first thing is to check that 12 volts is getting to the control board. May just be a loose connection on one of the terminal block, it's not uncommon with the amount of vibration they have out up with on the road.

Based on Truma's Operating Instructions for a C-4002, there are two 12V fuses. One is on the control-panel switch and the other on the heater itself.

I note that you've checked the control-panel fuse ("TWO small ones under the switch"?), but have you checked the one on the heater?

It won't matter whether you've got adequate gas or not. Nor is it significant that you can obtain hot water via 230V mains power (230V water heating is a completely independant system with a C-4002).

If the control-panel won't light up and there's no reaction from the heater, there's either no 12V power reaching the heater/control-panel (and a failed fuse or a loose connection would be prime suspects) or there's a more serious problem (eg. a pcb fault).

cerro - 2013-08-05 3:51 PM

Thank you Derek I am sure its a fuse I have looked all round the heater Where exactly is it on the heater ?

....I believe there are actually 2 fuses on the heater itself.

They're under the control cover on the PCB, and are shown as 9a and 9b on the attached picture, and described by Truma as:

Fuses

The device and control panel fuses are on the electronic control unit on the device.

Device fuse (9b):

6.3 AT – slow –

Control panel fuse (F3) (9a):

1.6 AT – slow –

The fine-wire fuse must only be replaced by a fuse of the same design

C4002.JPG.667a9806bf49980aae635d9b9e7ee3ea.JPG

Thanks Robin everthing seems ok but there is no 12v going into the box and as the switch is dead I went back to the fuse box in the wardrobe and took the complete cover off but its a circuit board under neath,not just a fuse box.so I have booked it in for thursday. I can only hope that the heating engineer knows a lot about electronics, other wise its down to my sons in Yorkshire. Thanks everone for your help.

cerro - 2013-08-06 11:09 AM

Anyone know where I can get a complete wireing diagram.

Depends what you mean by "a complete wiring diagram".

Installation and operating instructions for the C-4002 heater can be found here:

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/34000_94900.pdf

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/34000_94800.pdf

The fomer file describes how to wire up the electrical side of the appliance, but - on the 12V side - it just boils down to providing a 12V power-feed to the heater and plugging in the cables relating to the ancilliary bits (control-panel, remote temperature-sensor, (optional) timer, (optional) window-switch). If the heater has the 230V water-heating option (as yours does) there will be a 2nd control-panel to fit and a 230V power-feed will be required. But it's all pretty straightforward. If you want to know about the electronic components on the heater's pcb and how they interact, I don't think that information is available.

There's a schematic and parts-list here that may be useful:

http://www.leisure-supplies.co.uk/productdetails.php?id=64

Returning to your heater-related problem, as you've checked that both fuses (9a and 9b on the diagram Robin provided) are OK and confirmed that no 12V power is present at the heater, there's little point in an engineer looking at the heater to begin with.

It should be a simple matter to jury-rig a 12V power-supply to the heater. If doing so revived the heater, you'd know that the reason it's currently not working is something external to the heater (perhaps a fault with the circuit board in the wardrobe). A Truma heater in perfect working order cannot operate if there's no 12V power being provided to it.

cerro - 2013-08-04 3:13 PM............. I have also checked the safety micro switch on the window for the exhaust. ................

Just wondering, but have you checked this to prove it is working electrically as well as mechanically, and that the window actually closes the contacts properly when it is shut? Bit obvious, I know, but it just seems a potential weak link.

I have all the manuals but they are not very informative Derek, I am reluctant to put power to the heater because of the circuit board I don’t want to blow it and the one in the wardrobe even with a fuse between. But the heater is working or it was the two months we had in France It seemed to pack in when I had the jenny on with the mains for to heat the hot water up for a shower, but it says in the instructions that you can have both on to heat the water faster. So I don’t think it was that. I put the omes meter on all the fuses just to make sure they were OK. I asked IH motor homes for a wiring diagram when I bought it a year ago in case I had problems abroad but they seemed reluctant to give me one and after ringing twice they never got back to me. Any way its booked in tomorrow with a truma engineer If he don’t find it we are going to Devon and Wales for two weeks on Sat so I will call in at Yorkshire and my son will sort it. But Thanks for all the help ever one that’s what this site is all about genuine replies and help I will post back when I find it in case it helps someone else.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Hello Cerro, may be of no help, and maybe too late before you go to your man, but our IH as well as the fuses in / near the distribution box / charger thingy also has a bank of fuses under the drivers seat, these have obviously been put there by IH, but I have no idea what they do apart from one which cuts all power from the leisure batteries, your post reminds me I really should pull them one by one to see what they do, maybe one is for the Truma, good luck with your problem. ;-)

Well the truma engineer sorted it out no problem, he thought it was the circuit board on the heater but when he by passed this he found what it was and he had never seen one before he didn’t even know what it did but it went from the windows micro switch via this (Photo) and then to the heater, so he has bypassed this item and went direct from the window switch to the heater. He says I can leave it off or fit a new one. I must say I was impressed with what he charged me after an hour £30 cash

Anyone in Ayrshire or near Ayr he comes out to your house and I would recommend him. Hope this helps someone. Thanks once again for all your kind posts.

AJ Leisure-Tech Ayr John Mcginn 07795 687804

DSC_0513.JPG.e93e0e5be1e094330b79ee4f3b93a4e1.JPG

Your photo relates to Truma's automatic shut-off device and window switcher, as shown on this link:

http://dealer.truma.com/truma05/en/products/detail4_en_74719.html

Looking at Truma's installation instructions for their window switch, it would appear that the automatic shut-off device should be used with Trumatic C, Trumatic E and Boilers when a window switch is fitted. Apparently Trumatic C-6002EH and Truma "Combi" appliances have a shut-off device integrated into their control unit and, for these heaters, the window switchis wired directly to the heater.

In principle then, you ought to have a replacement automatic shut-of device fitted.

Archived