Advice needed please

RogerC

We set up a habitation service plan, of three year duration, with a MH dealership/service centre to be paid by direct debit which would 'insulate' us against annual price rises for the three years (fixed price).  However it transpires that the companies 'admin department' failed to process the DD.  In conversations with them they say they can not ascertain where the error occurred.  Their solution is for us to pay this years hab service at the 'original' price and then set up another DD at the new price.  This means we would be £42 out of pocket because of their inefficiency if we go down this route.  Whilst the money is not a great deal it is sufficient for a couple, or three, nights site fees and of course the company profits from their mistake.

Given that it is the company that is in error, basically breach of contract, and they refuse to honour the original 3 year plan price what do forum members think?

spospe - 2013-08-12 5:41 PMFind another dealer and give them your business!

The problem with this route is hab service charges have gone up everywhere so even if we do it will still defeat the original plan to 'lock in' against price rises.

RogerC - 2013-08-12 5:47 PM
spospe - 2013-08-12 5:41 PMFind another dealer and give them your business!

The problem with this route is hab service charges have gone up everywhere so even if we do it will still defeat the original plan to 'lock in' against price rises.

Most likely. I agree with the other comments here. Put it down to experience. The company have showed evidence of neglect. Do you really want them to carry out annual habitation checks for you?!

Keithl - 2013-08-12 5:43 PMDid you not notice that they where not taking the money from your bank account?Sounds like 6 of one, half dozen the other and best put down to experience.Keith.

Probably should have said we already had one service plan with them and because of a price difference (in our favour) they wanted a new DD set up.  So yes we were checking DD payments were going out initially.  Unless we cancelled it, which is the only way it can be stopped, there was no reason to assume payments were not going out.  Yes, in hindsight we were a little remiss in not checking but as I said we had already had a number of payments go out on the previous plan so had no reason to keep an eye on things.

It seems to me a contract was entered into, but unless you have something in writing it would be hard, and possibly expensive, to persue them.

If it was me I would ask for a discount in view of the circumstances, if none is forthcoming tell them you are off somewhere else.

H

Archived