swift bin!!

ianjo

Hi everyone,collected our new Swift Bolero this weekend,we are over the moon with the value and equipment . We have had three previous motorhomes and two were european and one american as British motorhomes were poorly specced ,in our opinion its all changed.Anyway back to our subject the door bin on our Bolero is classic, over design, under developement.Has anybody got any cures or comments on this frustrating object. :-D :-D

No real cure, poor design, I'm afraid.

However, I made a rear panel for it out of stiff cardboard to give the bag some support. This has improved things. The bin should never have been backless.

Also, just go careful with the flimsy plastic top support bracket, we've all broken at least one!

Other than that, a great van, which model did you go for?

I assume you have the same bin as we have below? We don't use it for rubbish as we have a separate free-standing bin which we keep in the washroom so we can shut the door and the dogs don't raid it! I use the original bin with a drawstring sports bag and have attached this to it using some fold by clips - you can see them on the sides and round the front of the top, and we store our dog leads, collars etc in it which is ideal as it is right by the side door where we need them. :-D

draw string bags

bin.jpg.e860b6ead7816a841e5f8cab2beb36ec.jpg

1592858783_bin2.jpg.f6d22fb405188a8b2f5f1d460bdfdc62.jpg

2128570008_drawstringbags.JPG.f45d112211520dc7082855dc36d3d8a7.JPG

HI Chris we have a 724fb which we are very excited to have .We are now looking forward to the future, who knows where we're we'll end up. Re the bin I know there are simple mods that can be made but whoever designed it needs a kick up his backside. There is no need for the bin to drop,we could all pull our bag from the bin if it was left fixed!

ian&jo - 2013-09-23 9:46 PM

HI Chris we have a 724fb which we are very excited to have .We are now looking forward to the future, who knows where we're we'll end up. Re the bin I know there are simple mods that can be made but whoever designed it needs a kick up his backside. There is no need for the bin to drop,we could all pull our bag from the bin if it was left fixed!

In our van it is important to have a front 'drop down' bin because behind it there is a cavity for storing bottles etc, however, why it is fitted in vehicles without this doesn't make sense, especially since it must cost more than a standard bin! *-)

Archived