CAn't find the fuse

Dave spaniel

Hi all newbie to the forum here . hoping someone an help.

We have a 2005 Adria Coral sp the 12v supply has gone from the fridge (also the 12v sockets in the tv cupboard) So there is no light on in the fridge and no piezo igniter working so I cant use the fridge on gas. not being able to use the gas is my main problem. Anyway..i have checked every fuse i can find.. under drivers seat. the ones on the board by the leisure battery. all the vehicle ones under the bonnet and the ones under the dash (both sides) its driving me insane. does anyone have any clue if there is anything I have missed or any other ideas?

thanks. Dave

On ours there is a fuse section with 2 fuses in just down from the air intake panel behind the fridge. Just take off the plastic air vents and have a look-you may the same wiring.

I take it you have checked the fuses in the control box next to the transformer/charger area?

Mike

You say you have checked the fuses but not how. Have you checked them by sight or with a multimeter?

Then have you checked for voltage at all points along the wiring, this should reveal where the fault lies far more effectively than just checking fuses. If you don't have a multimeter then I suggest you go out and buy one before proceeding.

Keith.

Not that I'm an expert on resolution but just trying to establish the extent of the 12v issue, doe things like water pump, internal lighting etc work?

I was curious as you said that the 12v TV socket had also failed.

In our handbook (and listed on the fuse board) are the items protected by each fuse. Have a look at the one listed for the internal 12v sockets and check it. It may be blown and may also protect the fridge 12v systems.

thanks for the reply. yes all other 12v is working fine. just the 2 12v sockets in the tv cupboard. I assumed they were related (may still be) but i'm not entirely sure if they failed at the same time (never used them)

I'm thinking the fridge maybe comes from the vehicle power too? All fuses that are known about have been checked. was hoping someone knew about some i wasnt aware of

Hi Dave ;-)

You've probably answered these already...

(..not that I would know what to do with the answers anyway! (lol) )

..but I take it the fridge is "working"/cooling on 12v then(..with engine running)?...

I just wonder if you've got several things amiss at once...and we're trying to link them altogether..?

..presumably you've checked the bulb(..door switch?)..and if possible "linked" a power source to the ignite,to check that..?

..and you never know,as you haven't used them,maybe those sockets have never worked..?

It all sounds a bit far fetched,but you never know....

Have you checked out the Elektroblok control box?

On my Adria it has all the habitation fuses in the charger box and I think a special fuse for the 3 way fridge. You can download the manual for the Elektroblok units from the Shauldt web site.

My fridge doesn't have a light either but can't see a fitting for one!

I think the Elektrobok box controls everything including split charge, side step and water pump etc.

Ended up having to change my EB unit after the charger control and step relay packed up.

Hope this helps!

I've just thought of something else which happened to us - we had a problem with the fridge in a previous van (Rimor) similar to yours and the circuit board was thought to be at fault, however, we found that the cabling to the fridge where it terminated in the electric panel (electrobloc?) next to the battery was loose and once we tightened it up we never had a problem again. So maybe it would be an idea to check that all the wiring is secure???

Have a look at the alternator and see if there is an addon wire coming up towards the battery/fuse area.

Follow this wire until you come across an inline fuse.

It may not be there, depends on how builder decided to connect fridge etc.

Dave spaniel - 2013-09-26 10:58 AM

There is no 12v coming into the fridge (tested with a meter on the terminals behind fridge)

But is there really no 12 volt live feed OR is there no earth?

Find a good earth point and check it against a known live so your meter reads 12 volts then try measuring the voltage at the live terminal at the fridge. Then do likewise with a known live to check the fridge earth. Just because your meter reads 0 volts do not assume that it is the live at fault.

Also I may be reading between the lines but does the fridge actually cool when on 12 volts with the engine running? And does the light work then?

Keith.

Archived