One night outside LEZ zone advice

gordonhymer

• 2 weeks later...
Muswell - 2013-09-30 12:26 PM

Under 3.5 T it is £500 or £250 if paid within 14 days

Over 3.5 T it is £1000 or £500.

They don't want non-compliant vehicles!

Don't think they want ANYBODY at those prices. At least the Zones in Germany only charge reasonable fines for non-compliance. Although a 'Londoner' born and bred, I wouldn't set foot (or a Wheel) back in London if THEY were paying me. Hate the place, especially Westminster, where all these stupid ideas come from. Ray

Gordon

I know only too well what a pain this ludicrous LEZ is as it's now been extended out to where my son and DIL live. I used to use their house as a very convenient stopover when off down to Dover ferry port and also on return in my Camper, but can no longer do so as the engine doesn't "qualify" for low emission. My car however is ok.....yet gives a higher emission reading than my van......so figure that one out.

These two websites will prove useful to you.

https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/

http://www.park-up.com/Parking.aspx

Muswell - 2013-10-10 9:46 AM

I think the LEZ is great and the sooner they incude all vehicles the better. But maybe I'm biased because I have to breathe the air.

I'm not sure what "incude" means. I checked in the Oxford English and can not find the word but I'm only guessing that you mean exclude. If that's the case then good for you! and can I suggest for the sake of people who live out side the zone that you only drive inside the zone as we also have to breath the air where we live, out side the zone.

I think the LEZ is great and the sooner they incude all vehicles the better. But maybe I'm biased because I have to breathe the air.

I think you will find that as the 'prefered' flight path into Heathrow is directly over central London,AND that you WILL be breathing in far more airborne pollution from Aircraft (especially when a pilot is told he has to 'Dump fuel' before coming in to land) than from the rare 'older Motorhome' that might have crossed through the LEZ. So, ok, lets have VAT on all 'Aero Fuel' and the equivalent of an LEZ and 'Euro 5' engines on all Airlines Aircraft and above all highly populated cities.

IF you are going to do a thing, do it properly no matter who gets inconvenienced. ?? Ray

Just targeting Road vehicles is crazy and 'one sided'.

Billggski - 2013-10-10 10:23 AM

The TfL website says £100 for under 3.5 T and £200 for over. Motorhomes registered after 1st Jan 2002 are compliant and free, although still have to pay the congestion charge when it applies.

That's what you pay if you choose to enter. But, if you go into the zone and haven't paid by midnight the next day you get the penalty charge of £250 up to £1000. So you need to be very careful if you are close to the boundary.

Rayjsj - 2013-10-10 12:45 PM

I think you will find that as the 'prefered' flight path into Heathrow is directly over central London,AND that you WILL be breathing in far more airborne pollution from Aircraft (especially when a pilot is told he has to 'Dump fuel' before coming in to land) than from the rare 'older Motorhome' that might have crossed through the LEZ. So, ok, lets have VAT on all 'Aero Fuel' and the equivalent of an LEZ and 'Euro 5' engines on all Airlines Aircraft and above all highly populated cities.

IF you are going to do a thing, do it properly no matter who gets inconvenienced. ?? Ray

I wasn't aware that aircraft have diesel engines :-D It's the particulates from diesels which are the big problem that the LEZ is aimed at.

Billggski - 2013-10-10 10:23 AM

Motorhomes registered after 1st Jan 2002 are compliant and free, ...

WRONG!

Not all MH's registered after 1st Jan 2002 are compliant.

For example our 2004 registered 3,800 kg MH is only Euro 3 and is NOT compliant. It would cost me £200 per day to enter the LEZ so for me London is a no go area.

If in doubt check your reg on the tfl website Link to tfl.

Keith.

Rayjsj - 2013-10-10 12:45 PM

COMPLETE BULLs**t

On topic. There is n excellent local authority run campsite at picketts lock near enfield. It is outside the lez and has a busstop at the entrance. Bus goes to edmonton green from where you get train to liverpool st or any connecting tube line. We stayed there in august, it was 19pound per night and we were in the middle of london in ljust about an hour. Very good site,open all year and only 15 mins drive from m25

Hope this helps

Bob

Archived