Autosleeper Executive Water Heater

dillanthyme

As soon as I plug into the mains electric, the water heater comes on and wont switch off, no lights on the wall panel. Any ideas ? I've tried the reset button on the water heater. When not on mains electric the lights on the wall panel work ok and gas water heater ok.

Hi Dillanthyme and welcome to the forum,

I'm guessing you have a separate Truma water heater which, if it's like ours, the mains is only controlled by a separate switch somewhere near the heater itself. The switch for ours is under the cooker in the pan cupboard! Try following the mains wire from the heater and see where it goes.

Another possibility is that it is switched on and off from the main control panel, I'm not sure what AS would have done.

Keith.

Hi and welcome to the madhouse.

It might help to know what year your van is?

I had several Executive/Talisman vans of various old ages in the nineties and they all had a switch for the water otter, I think either in the wardrobe or under a locker.

Have you looked under the wardrobe false floor?

Anno Domini being what it is, and partly because we never used it on ehu, I can't remember exactly where they were and as it did not matter to us.

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. The water heater is a Carver Cascade. The Motorhome is a 1995 Peugeot Boxer 2.5 Diesel Autosleeper Executive. We bought it in March 2013 and everything worked as it should until recently, when the water heater just switches itself on automatically every time we plug into the mains. No lights come on, on the wall switch, the water just heats up. When we unplug and use the gas system for hot water the lights operate as normal

Hi again,

I'd definitely say you have a switch somewhere that has got knocked and is now on. Follow the wire from the heater and see where it goes.

As I said our switch is in the pan drawer under the cooker and would be very easy to knock, and there is no warning light to say it is then on.

Keith.

Archived