Gas hob burner problermo

Guest JudgeMental

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea Bob. Go squirting a can of butane around in the enclosed space of a camper van. (lol)

Are you trying to blow the Judge up? what's he done to you. :D

Hi Judge,

Glad you are enjoying yoursel despite your little problem.

I would not persist in trying to dismantle anything until you have tried all the simple things, like needle or pricker or aiir on the jet etc. You may cause other problems by dismantling like leaks etc.

cheers again and good luck

derek

rolandrat - 2013-10-13 5:49 PM

Judge, if you remove the pan support is it possible to turn the burner assembly anticlockwise to expose the jet, it's probably just screwed in.

Dometic advises users against removing gas-burner covers and dismantling burner-heads but, if you do want to get a cover off (and you'll need to do this to access the burner-head), you'll first need to remove the two small screws (I believe these are 9.5 Torx A2 type) already mentioned.

This earlier thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Hints-and-Tips/faulty-gas-hob-burner-help-please/31325/

related to a 2012 Adria with a 3-burner Dometic/Cramer hob/sink unit, but the gas burners will have been the same as on JudgeMental's 2-burner hob (and, for what it's worth, the same as on my Hobby's hob). The person making the inquiry ("drako") found that his problem was due to corrosion on the underside of the burner-cover, so it's obvious that he was able to remove the cover to allow him to discover the corrosion.

(I suspect that, if there's a blockage at the gas jet, you'd need to remove the cover and then the burner-head to allow the jet to be reached.)

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks guys! Armed with Derek's info "9.5 Torx A2 type" and some photos, I will try and buy a tool in town. Have borrowed various sets this morning without luck...they obviously dont want you fiddling with the gas! I have my sniff meter with me anyway so leaks easily detected...

failing this there is apparently a caravan maintenance chap on Villasol site around the corner..will cycle over and contact him if need be..another beutiful day here

JudgeMental - 2013-10-14 10:26 AM

...Armed with Derek's info "9.5 Torx A2 type"...

The information I provided is incomplete.

I looked (but not properly!) at the parts list CE99-ZF460-I-G file that's downloadable from this webpage

http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/stock/Cramer/cramer-products/

The full description of the fixing screws for the burner-cover is given as

DIN ISO 7050 form C 2.2x9.5 Torx A2

with 9.5 referring to the length of the screw.

The spare parts list suggests that the burner-top is attached by a pair of different size screws (ISO

7050 form C 2.9x19 Torx A2)

Norm ("goldi") may be able to say if the burner-top needs to be removed to reach the gas-jet and, if so, whether the Torx key size is the same as used for undoing the burner-top screws.

Eddie, not sure if you are sorted or not but.........opposite RACO there is a camping shop with a guys card stuck in the window for gas repairs.....just found his number, 65 000 65 65 his name is Paul Caton, drives an old Vito......you may need a code but thats the number on his card.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Phil

Guest JudgeMental
Manu - 2013-10-14 2:24 PM

Eddie, not sure if you are sorted or not but.........opposite RACO there is a camping shop with a guys card stuck in the window for gas repairs.....just found his number, 65 000 65 65 his name is Paul Caton, drives an old Vito......you may need a code but thats the number on his card.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Phil

Funny that you should mention this chap as I got his details from MHF forum. my neighbours are frequent visitors,said he was their neighbour for a while on another site..they where really not impressed at all..

I called him just to see what he charged if I cant find a driver, and to say he is rude and abrupt an understatement. 53€. now that would be OK if I was stuck which I'm not as yet...he slamed the phone down on me when I said i would think about it...53€ = FIFTY THREE pints...Or...THIRTY PINTS + two Indian set meals + drink, Plus two Chinese set meals + drink:D

just been for bike ride and coming back via the beach tried the Ferreteria which was still closed, will maybe try in morning....

Derek's last post has confused me a little. can anyone say what size tool I need as I thought it ws a Tork 9.5 now not so sure:-S

edit: just saw norms post..thanks for the info.....

Have you tried the chinky shop next to Mas y Mas supermarket just down from Beni Palace for any bits or on the market....yeah he charged me that for a new fridge jet & labour last winter !

Get sorted lad have fun .........n i'll buy you a Chinese lunch & a bottle to relieve your streeeeeess.

Wont cost a tenner will it round the corner !

Guest JudgeMental

honestly no stress Phil!lol Not like last year when the trauma valve failed on way to Italy, and i had 6 weeks worth on insulin in fridge:-S. Are you on Raco? PM me if you fancy a drink :-D

bought a tork kit at weekend from chinese and its rubbish..need the right tool or will damage screws....

Sorry Eddie, back in Blighty at the mo.....was on Raco til early October, luv it, which one are you on ?

Leaving by Eurotunnel end of December til Easter in Portugal.

Would love a beer & Chinese buffet.....pm me when you are back and we'll have one !

Goodluck, stay safe & have one for me......loads of little bits here, but its where it always is, in the van, hope you get sorted before El Chef turns up, lol.

Guest JudgeMental

ferrretara in town had a set that looked suspiciously chinese, so I left it. Going to order on UK ebay for £15 and wife can bring it over in a few weeks.

thanks everyone for the help and advice. 28 deg today and beach rammed..hard to believe its mid October.,some one on site next door had a massive heart attack last night and passed..someone on here died a few days ago as well..hey ho

adiós amigos! :-D

link to Seeley set:

http://tinyurl.com/l72kf3x

Knowing how some assemblies are put together with power equipment to set torque figures especially relating to gas I would think that using a hand tool would not be easy and being straight there's little purchasing power, however I would like you to prove me wrong.

On the fatalities what a wonderful way to go, in the warm and enjoying life.

Eddie are there no suppliers or repairers here where we can source all the info for you, all we need is the model?

Guest JudgeMental

I have found the tools Will, it was in the link posted..can use a pair of pliers/mole grips to get a purchase on it....

Muswell...I kinda regretted the wording soon as i posted it!lol Seeing that I am probably 25 years younger hope to have a few more miles in me yet :-| (:D)

update:31 deg's this afternoon

Guest JudgeMental

Update: driver set arrived at home...but thinking about it Mrs M will probably have a problem with bringing it on flight as she is only carrying hand luggage. as packed her holiday stuff in van when i came away, I mean you cant even bring nail clippers! these days *-)

my neighbour has a English chap here fixing his satellite system, I asked him and he will come back as he does not have the star driver set with him and fix it for 30€. He is a lovely chap,settled out here with family +3 kids.... does all sorts of maintenance, so will get his details as it may be useful to other members sometime...

weather still unbelievable, evenings slightly cooler but still shirt sleeves.....I mean I sleep with both Heki's fully open, with the southing sound of crickets........ i am truly surprised by how good October can be down here

EDIT: On a more sombre note, the two people who died here recently,presumably without insurance...quotes for getting body home over £20,000+. local conversation seems to sugest you can do it for £7000+...have already told Mrs M not to bother, spend the money on a party, and bring me home in a milk bottle (or 2) :D

Sorry to hear about your burner problem Eddie, hope soon sorted out.

Must say when we had an Adria, about ten years ago now when just started importing in, had lots of problems with it, not helped by dealer, and we were glad to be rid of both van and that dealer and return to British vans and Brownhills. But things change and quality overall might now be a lot better, though do not think that dealer will have improved much.

On a more serious note the sad cases of the two deaths you report on show the importance of everyone taking out proper medical insurance, not just relying on the EHIC. Yes that does cover a lot of treatment in local hospitals but not repatriation for a serious condition, or in the worst case scenario you mention. Yes it can be expensive to buy the cover, as we know, but what price peace of mind.

Guest JudgeMental

its a trifling issue to be honest....its 30 deg most days and sitting in shade typing this after my swim...i can manage on one hob and bbq, being a camper at heart. I am sure many vans irrespective of manufacturer are fitted with Dometic appliances. As fo Adria, they have an extremely good reputation and I would rather have an Adria camper then the common varieties with serious build issues mentioned frequently on here..Mine has been more or less fault free for 2.5 years

must get back to my kindle and last of the sun, going for an Indian Buffet this evening...Mrs M arriving Saturday which will be nice.....Expensive!..... But nice!lol :D

EDIT: On a more sombre note, the two people who died here recently,presumably without insurance...quotes for getting body home over £20,000+. local conversation seems to sugest you can do it for £7000+...have already told Mrs M not to bother, spend the money on a party, and bring me home in a milk bottle (or 2) :D[/quote

Milchflasche? :D

JudgeMental - 2013-10-21 12:10 PM

Update: driver set arrived at home...but thinking about it Mrs M will probably have a problem with bringing it on flight as she is only carrying hand luggage. as packed her holiday stuff in van when i came away, I mean you cant even bring nail clippers! these days *-)

Eddie,

Can you not get Mrs M to post them out to you? They'll probably arrive before her :D

Keith.

Guest JudgeMental
Keithl - 2013-10-21 8:44 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-10-21 12:10 PM

Eddie,

Can you not get Mrs M to post them out to you? They'll probably arrive before her :D

Keith.

not sure about that!lol a mate sent a replacement e bike charger out via royal mail to us in Italy 2 years ago..... it arrived at site 6 weeks after we returned home :D

Archived