Camping gaz.....butane versus propane

trickydicky

Why not get a BBQ point fitted to the MH and then not have to carry extra cylinders! The cost of fitting would probably pay for itself in the long term.

Our AT came with a factory fitted BBQ point and I must say it would be high on our priority list if ever we look to change.

Keith.

trickydicky - 2013-10-25 8:29 PM

Yes, we will mainly use it in Spain in the winter, so need to buy it there ( hopefully ). Didn't realise it was more expensive or only butane.

Tricky,

Expensive is not the word for it!!!

A CG 907 contains 2.75 kg of Butane and costs £22.50 (Go-Outdoors Link)

A Calor 7 kg Butane costs £19.35 (Go-Outdoors Link)

A Calor 13 kg Propane costs £22.95 (Go-Outdoors Link)

So cost per kilo is £9.00, £2.76 and £1.76 respectively (and yes I know there is a difference in calorific value between Butane and Propane)

So why not get a BBQ point fitted and run off your much cheaper gas?

QED.

Keith.

Guest JudgeMental
just wait till you get down here and buy a bottle and regulator. I go along with the fitted outlet to van, have always had one..

Guest Peter James
There are usually 907 cylinders on ebay. I bought 4 from the local recycling centre for £3 each. I have also picked a few up from car boot sales etc I fill them myself from a 19kg flogas propane bottle (refill cost about £4 instead of £25 from Camping Gaz) but you need to know what you are doing. In particular you need to be sure you have left adequate vapour space in the top for expansion or the cylinder could explode in hot weather.

Archived