Smashed windscreen in Storage

Cliffy

George Collings - 2013-12-30 5:35 PM

I take it that those who find the flying trampoline idea hard to believe...

It could have been our neighbours :D

A few weeks ago in bad weather they lost their rather large (maybe 10 feet across) trampoline. It was blown over 2 eight feet high fences and then several hundred yards across a school playing field. I dread to think the damage it could have caused but certainly could have been responsible for the damage Cliff has suffered.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident Cliff.

Keith.

Keithl - 2013-12-30 5:53 PM

It could have been our neighbours :D

A few weeks ago in bad weather they lost their rather large (maybe 10 feet across) trampoline. It was blown over 2 eight feet high fences and then several hundred yards across a school playing field. I dread to think the damage it could have caused but certainly could have been responsible for the damage Cliff has suffered.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident Cliff.

Keith.

From Birmingham International to Teeside?

Does your neighbour have a licence to fly that thing? :D

Thanks to all those who jab replied with concern or constructive comments this forum is excellent for getting help and reassurance and long may it last.

To those who think it is clever to trivialise and joke about others misfortunes l wish you a happy new year and trust you get through 2014 without any problems and enjoy your play ground bullying from behind a keyboard somewhere else.

pelmetman - 2014-01-01 11:53 AM

The owners live onsite.........did they have a trampoline? :-|

My son said that he had seen one when he was there but I cant see it now. I have not had chance to talk to them yet they have been away and have left a manager living in their accommodation but she wasn't there.

When \i was there was just a security/handy man on site who was not admitting to anything

Guest pelmetman
Cliffy - 2014-01-01 2:03 PM

pelmetman - 2014-01-01 11:53 AM

The owners live onsite.........did they have a trampoline? :-|

My son said that he had seen one when he was there but I cant see it now. I have not had chance to talk to them yet they have been away and have left a manager living in their accommodation but she wasn't there.

When \i was there was just a security/handy man on site who was not admitting to anything

Hmmm..............its been windy ;-)

Without wishing to upset anyone the words 'mountain and molehill' come to mind while reading this. I sympathise with the OP at him having his windscreen smashed but it will be replaced with a brand new one and his insurance should not be affected, so......??

Sometimes things do happen and the weather has been very windy of late. I read the railways have been removing not only trampolines but garden sheds from their lines. If the OP is unhappy he can always move his van elsewhere but that may not be as easy as he would like, as storage can be difficult in certain areas. As for the Gold standard, this just means the site has a good security system which meets certain standards. It does not guarantee that everything willbe perfect. There is also the possibility that if he makes allegations that he could be asked to leave the site. Sometimes right and wrong do not solve a situation.

As others have mentioned I would be far more concerned if the bodywork had been damaged as that would be a far more difficult repair. Could I suggest he get it replaced, have a glass of wine or whisky and look forward to his next trip out.

Archived