DPF

nowtelse2do

pelmetman - 2014-01-10 1:02 PM

Thanks for the picture Colin ;-).......................I feel so much better about the state of my workshop now :D

Is yours full of all the rusty bits that have fallen off your van then Dave?. (lol)

colin - 2014-01-10 12:16 PM

Rayjsj - 2014-01-09 9:20 PM

Give me a Whiff of 'Castrol R', Methanol and Hot racing engine any day. ;-) Ray

http://thekneeslider.com/vincent-picador-drone-engine/

Raced one of these in a sidecar outfit in the 60's. NO DPF.

Was working on this for a customer last year, little bit different, has a 5 speed Triumph box grafted on.

What plane is that engine cowl sitting on the floor off of Colin?.

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2014-01-10 8:44 PM

pelmetman - 2014-01-10 1:02 PM

Thanks for the picture Colin ;-).......................I feel so much better about the state of my workshop now :D

Is yours full of all the rusty bits that have fallen off your van then Dave?. (lol)

Rust?...... :-S.................Whats that Peter? ;-)...............

I suspect like Colin I'm a untidy worker :D.............its only when I tidy up I cant find nothing *-).........

Although people like me and Colin should never employ staff ;-).............because they might trip over something 8-).........

peter - 2014-01-10 8:47 PM

What plane is that engine cowl sitting on the floor off of Colin?.[/quote

A photo never lies ;-)

That cowling isn't on the floor it's on the bench right behind the swinging arm of the TriNorVin, it's off a radio control model Gladiator, it's about 12" dia, I was changing the single cylinder 'lawn mower' engine to a miniature 7 cylinder radial engine.

Rayjsj - 2014-01-09 9:20 PM

colin - 2014-01-09 8:06 PM

Dave225 - 2014-01-09 7:49 PM

Hi 'R' and methanol,what were you into speedway,hydros or drag?

regards David

Similarly with vehicles one has to consider all the good efforts being made here in Europe against the mass production of vehicles in China where environmental considerations are ignored. Our small efforts are being swamped.

However on a more local field if you live in a town or city then the less pollution being produced is bound to be beneficial.

As you say, it's local pollution that is more of a concern (well it is to me) . Living several miles from the brickfields we would often be breathing polluted air, some years ago a comment about the smell of air brought a look of confusion from a 'incomer' I then had to explain that the 'horrible air' she was complaining about came from Stewartby several miles away. Nice thou it is to see an old car on the road, when following one you soon realise just how bad the exhaust smells used to be.

I used to live in Harlington, Beds and if the wind was in the right direction......yes, the smell of 'bricks cooking' was quite pungent, I just used to think 'That is the smell of someones Job'. Or, Like 'Apocalypse Now'

' I just Lurve the smell of Napalm in the morning' !!

More informing was a 'Pollution projection' at a Milton Keynes town hall, when the widening of the M1 was mooted ( it never happened) Living in Harlington (after coming from Watford) I thought I lived in the 'Country', But the 'Pollution Projection' put me right, there were coloured 'bands' showing how bad the 'pollution corridor' was, either side of the heavily congested M1, I lived in a 'Red band' (the worst) in Harlington, Luton & Dunstable Hospital must be 'Bright,Bright Red' being right alongside the M1 !!

Any way, 12 years ago we retired to West Wales, Now the only Pollution we smell is when the farmers are 'Muck spreading' They say 'It's a healthy smell' I'm not so sure, Give me a Whiff of 'Castrol R', Methanol and Hot racing engine any day. ;-) Ray

http://thekneeslider.com/vincent-picador-drone-engine/

Raced one of these in a sidecar outfit in the 60's. NO DPF.

Archived