Speedcoat shower repair

mildi

Hello.

Anyone in the Southampton / Eastleigh area had a Speedcoat repair to their shower tray that I could have a look at. I know it has a textured finish but I just wanted to see how textured and what the finished job looks like. My shower tray has some small surface cracks but has not gone all the way through but I guess it will in time and we are planning another long trip for this year.

Any help would be grateful. Mark.

Hello

I saw a sample of Speedcoat at the NEC in October. It looks fine. Speedcoat Head Office gave me the name of a guy in Waterlooville regarding repairing my shower. He informed me it needs to be room temperature in the van. This could be done with heating the van. I have opted to leave mine until the

weather gets warmer. If you want to contact him his email is neil@caravanmedic.org

Hope this is of use to you.

By the way he is a mobile repairer and will come to you.

Hi,

I have Neil's details from Speedcoat and I have spoken to him as another motorhome friend of mine will have his done at the same time so he can do two jobs on one call. I just wanted to see the finished product as you can't see to much detail from the pictures.

He has done some in my area but he is not sure if he has the phone number and in these times of data protection he will have to try and contact them first......bla ....bla ...bla.

No reflection on him as I wouldn't expect him to give me their details without asking them first but every tom dick and harry has my details to phone me and chuck junk though my letterbox....it's a bit of a wind -up.

Just thought it may be worth a post to see if anyone else is local to me.

Many thanks, Mark

Hi Mildi have you considered a diy job on it?

I repaired my cracked shower tray with a car repair fibreglass kit from halfords, just using the resin and hardener, no need to use the matting.

Only problem is the hardener was coloured so quick search on ebay and had a tin of shower/bath paint delivered to bring it back to white, smooth or textured.

Other point to bear in mind is why it cracked, mine was poorly supported so blanked off pipework with stiff cardboard and sprayed expanding foam under it.

This has made a satisfactory repair for me nearly two years ago now! and we spend ten months a year in our van on basic sites so it does get used alot.

worth having a search for the products while you decide what to do?

snail

BrianBW - 2014-01-08 3:46 PM

I saw a shower tray repair dealer in the Malvern show, last Sept, and I was impressed. He came from down West country, the name I've forgotton. But, the finish was improved and look like new.

Not specifically from Southampton area, but this may be the dealer you saw at the show...http://www.caravanmotorhomesolutions.co.uk/shower-tray-sink-repairs/

They fitted our solar panel and did a great job.

snail - 2014-01-08 5:11 PM

Hi Mildi have you considered a diy job on it?

I repaired my cracked shower tray with a car repair fibreglass kit from halfords, just using the resin and hardener, no need to use the matting.

Only problem is the hardener was coloured so quick search on ebay and had a tin of shower/bath paint delivered to bring it back to white, smooth or textured.

Other point to bear in mind is why it cracked, mine was poorly supported so blanked off pipework with stiff cardboard and sprayed expanding foam under it.

This has made a satisfactory repair for me nearly two years ago now! and we spend ten months a year in our van on basic sites so it does get used alot.

worth having a search for the products while you decide what to do?

snail

Many thanks but after spending tens of thousands of pounds on a MH I would only DIY if I knew that the end result would look like a professional job, in this case I prefer to pay for the professional to do it. If I do it and it ends up looking like an amateur job it will only decrease the value of the MH when I come to sell it, so will be a false economy.

Mark

Archived