2008 Autocruise Starlet Handbook

motorhomemike

Hi I have recently sold my Hobby and bought a Starlet. unfortunately the downloaded "handbook" that came with it is mostly not for this model and to say the least , not very much help!

Has anyone got a proper handbook for this model that I can buy / borrow / copy or something?

It would certainly be a big help.

Regards Mike

Mike,

The handbooks that usually come with MH's are pretty generic and do not normally cover in depth the things you need to know. You may be far better off by Googling the make and model of individual items like water heater and air heater by their make and model and downloading the instructions for these from their manufacturers websites. This way you will gain far more specific info than any MH's individual handbook has ever contained.

HTH,

Keith.

motorhomemike - 2014-01-10 3:57 PM

Hi I have recently sold my Hobby and bought a Starlet. unfortunately the downloaded "handbook" that came with it is mostly not for this model and to say the least , not very much help!

Has anyone got a proper handbook for this model that I can buy / borrow / copy or something?

It would certainly be a big help.

Regards Mike

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Mike.

Owners and Technical handbooks for 2008 Autocruise motorhomes are downloadable from the Swift Group website

http://tinyurl.com/m9aupum

http://tinyurl.com/pyq64v7

These will be faithful copies of the Autocruise originals. The Owners Handbook is 185 pages long and seems to be reasonably informative. If that's what you've already got, there won't be anything better.

(I think there may no longer be a Club solely for Autocruise motorhomes whose members might provide hands-on advice, but the Swift Owners Club includes Autocruise vehicles. There's also a dedicated Autocruise section amongst the MotorHomeFacts forums.)

Hi

Thanks for the info.

I did contact Swift this week about the control panel and was told my motorhome was before they took over. They said they only bought the name and had no info.! So not much luck there. I'll check the 2 sites you have sent me to see if they are the same as the one I've got.

Regards Mike

All the info you need for the control panel is in the download site as is all the operations and wiring diagrams. I got the same answer from Swift as you, but they continued making the same vans with the same equipment after they took over Autocruise. As you say the instructions aren't van specific but they are mostly good. On buying my van it took me over a week to discover where the mains RCD was hidden, under the passenger seat under a cover!

These Autocruises are reckoned to be far superior to the product that Swift turned out.

motorhomemike - 2014-01-11 3:11 PM

Hi

Thanks for the info.

I did contact Swift this week about the control panel and was told my motorhome was before they took over. They said they only bought the name and had no info.! So not much luck there. I'll check the 2 sites you have sent me to see if they are the same as the one I've got.

Regards Mike

I had a Starburst and got very similar response from Swift, unhelpful to the point of rudeness.

So, much so, that I would never even look at 'anything they produce' even if they were the last producer in the world.

When they 'took over' they took on the 'Good will of the Brand' then promptly threw it away ! >:-(

Ray

These Autocruises are reckoned to be far superior to the product that Swift turned out. (quote) with this I heartily agree.

motorhomemike - 2014-01-11 3:11 PM

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Regards Mike

I believe the 2008 handbooks I provided links to are for pre-Swift-takeover Autocruise motorhomes, so should apply to your Starlet.

I think the control-panel/electrical equipment used by 'old' Autocruise may not have been adopted by Swift for their own Autocruise-badged motorhomes, so Swift nowadays may well be unable to offer technical help for pre-takeover vehicles.

Based on earlier forum comments, some of the electrical stuff installed by 'old' Autocruise may have been bespoke and unique to the Autocruise brand.

Archived