Rapido /Cobra alarm System

Corky 8

Hi Assistance from Rapido/Cobra owners,  When I first brought our Rapido 990M home and parked it up it was dark and late at night, I locked the M/H via the remote central locking fob and the indicators gave three Flashes, within three minutes the Alarm went off lights flashed and horn continual sounded, I unlocked the M/H using the remote fob but the alarm continued, so I did a bit of Frantic pressing of the fob and the Alarm ceased, When I lock it via the remote fob now I can hear the locks operate and the indicators  flash three times, and all is well but I can open the Garage/under locker doors with the key and the alarm does not go off, the sensors for the Garage/under locker doors can be seen, so I know they are connected , is there a way of resetting the whole system,  any help would be Gratefully welcomed.

Dennis.

I had a similar problem with our last Rapido/Cobra system, which turned out to be a bad earth on the bonnet switch. Where it is parked all the rainwater from the roof got channelled down the LH gutter of the bonnet where the switch was drilled. A new switch and copious amounts of grease resolved the issue.

Our current Rapido is fitted with a Strikeback Alarm, so have no details of resetting a Cobra Alarm - but think a bad earth may be your problem.

David

Thank you all , I did go around each Sensor with an Meter, before asking for help but will re check to make sure,  Derek once again Thank you, its a web site I don't have and shall be paying it a visit forthwith, I,m much obliged to you all Thank you.

Our Rapido has a cobra and flashes;

Once when set

Twice when locked

Three times when the button is pressed to lock again within ten seconds and turns off the interior sensors ( So allowing animals, and occupation in the vehicle with the doors locked externally)

The interior button for the alarm (located on the red flashing alarm LED) sets the perimeter alarm (Doors and locker doors alarmed but the interior sensors off)

If a door or locker door is left open, the unit flashes a number of times ( 5 or 6) and sounds for few seconds

The only problem (or feature !!) is that when I set the alarm, the alarm sometimes emits three .flashes and I am not sure if that is a quirk, or the inside sensors are off. It does not seem to be a problem indicating an open door because when a locker door is opened, the alarm goes berserk. (as it should !)

Rgds

Edit : On my Rapido some of the magnets for the reed switches seem a long way from the switch itself ( about 5mm) . I knocked one of mine and it did give a warning that a door had been left open. A bit of plastic packing under the magnet cured the problem.

Rgds

Thanks Tonyishuk, I think I need to Try to reset things with the internal alarm button , as I have said pressing the remote lock button the indicators Flash three times, which appears to be incorrect. sorry for late response We were away for the weekend, Thanks again .   Dennis.

Our Rapido has a " Cobra Bridge 4400 (series) Can " fitted.

When the alarm is switched on with a door open the alarm flashes 3 times, so It would seem that your assumption of a faulty or not closing switch seems correct.

According to the book (in 12 differing languages and rather poorly translated, but better than my Italian) says that the dashboard LED will flash up to 14 different faults.

The book indicates that there are differing numbers of flashes for.the dashboard LED

1 Flash Drivers door (LHD ?)

3 Bonnet

5,6,7 other perimeter alarms

Assuming the installer has stuck to the rule book !

the other flashes 2,4, 8- 14 are internal or can bus related.

My passing thought is to try each alarm in turn with a powerful magnet to close the reed switch and see if you can find the faulty alarm. (Not helpful if you have two faulty !)

I have no idea where the control module is, as the alarm was fitted before purchase.

My understanding of the wiring diagram is that the bonnet switch shorts to earth.

The other switches are made, when closed. So it may be able to hot-wire across the terminals of the reed switch and bypass the reed switch and see if that can cure / find the problem.

Best of luck, no something I would want to do in this chilly weather

Rgds

Edit, I may have woken the neighbours from their afternoon slumber, but at least I know that my alarm is working !

Or you could test each and every locker door the easy way. Set the alarm then open the door!

If the alarm sounds the switch is working, if not then it is faulty!

This way you do not need to disturb any wiring or switches and should be foolproof :D

Keith.

tonyishuk - 2014-01-21 3:16 PMOur Rapido has a " Cobra Bridge 4400 (series) Can " fitted.When the alarm is switched on with a door open the alarm flashes 3 times, so It would seem that your assumption of a faulty or not closing switch seems correct.According to the book (in 12 differing languages and rather poorly translated, but better than my Italian) says that the dashboard LED will flash up to 14 different faults. The book indicates that there are differing numbers of flashes for.the dashboard LED1 Flash Drivers door (LHD ?)3 Bonnet5,6,7 other perimeter alarmsAssuming the installer has stuck to the rule book !the other flashes 2,4, 8- 14 are internal or can bus related.My passing thought is to try each alarm in turn with a powerful magnet to close the reed switch and see if you can find the faulty alarm. (Not helpful if you have two faulty !)I have no idea where the control module is, as the alarm was fitted before purchase.My understanding of the wiring diagram is that the bonnet switch shorts to earth.The other switches are made, when closed. So it may be able to hot-wire across the terminals of the reed switch and bypass the reed switch and see if that can cure / find the problem.Best of luck, no something I would want to do in this chilly weatherRgds Edit, I may have woken the neighbours from their afternoon slumber, but at least I know that my alarm is working !

Many Thanks for your troubles Tonyishuk, I've managed to find the control Module and retrieve the code Number from its rear, apparently you have to tap it into the unit which flashes on the dash, before you attempt any changes , I downloaded a User manual for the  Globe 4800/4900 Can, this evening, so now have something to work to, did test all the micro switches with a meter and all prove to be ok Opening and closing, I have a feeling I have switched something off when I frantically kept pressing the remote when the alarm went off late the night we arrived home with the Motorhome , I Thank you whole heartedly for you replies and assistance, I will let you know if / when I sort it and what it turns out to be,  Many Thanks and Safe Journeys,    rgds   Dennis.

Archived