Our new Possl 636 FR van....

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

My Adria was driven away Monday night…. was a bit sad to be honest, it looked so smart, was in immaculate condition, and for a very long minute I thought.....what have I done! But new van a much nicer bit of kit and life moves on!

Have gone for the slightly more spacious Possl 636 FR (oh la la! French bed model) it’s ex hire/10 months old/ 10.500 miles. It’s on the Citroen euro 5, 150 Bhp chassis. And has just had a DEKRA inspection, no issues.

http://www.poessl-mobile.de/modelle/roadcruiser-fr/

Van comes with “all in pack”, has the hill hold, ESP, 120 litre long range fuel tank etc….has awning, Busbiker NL swing out bike rack (really wanted this!).

http://www.buscamper.nl/nieuws/2_busbiker-assortiment-uitgebreid

All I have to add is 2nd battery, SOG, Waeco (dual) reversing camera. Wife pleased as it means no more climbing over me in bed! Spacious shower, king size 1500 wide bed (unusual in a French bed model most 1200’ish wide) bigger kitchen prep area. Van has a much more open feel, rear bed can be used like a sofa, will fix TV on swing bracket (wall above fridge) so can be watched from lounge or bed……Due to health issues buying this van means the cost to change not that much to be honest, so not as if I have had to spend bundles to upgrade, so if I have to sell no big deal.

Will have to get 2-1 cat 1 alarm upgrade, and probably go for just the 1 x 11kg refillable LPG bottle with external filler/bbq point. Down sides, lighting not as good, very rudimentary. Lack’s the ambiance of the Adria, finish a bit to Germanic for my tastes, but they have improved recently, with nicer upholstery. Fridge only 80 litre (Adria 98 Litre) but insulation better I understand, and should be far more comfortable to live with, well that is the hope.

Dealer is changing headlights, moving fog light and fitting MPH speedo, which I have oderedto be sent to him. Has worked out cheaper as has given me 200€ for my headlights. So when I get it back registration SHOULD be straightforward. Going to stop of at Brugge for a night or two on way home and have some serious nights out!

Some pics:

1280887517_front.JPG.a2d079fd01efdf2fd82d04eed7dbd38c.JPG

back.JPG.0510b32c5694a7ce7ac0d1d4ea09b1bd.JPG

261121650_mozziedoor.JPG.440193cdcfbf1cc9eed183ef8790200b.JPG

189537095_kitchen.JPG.4e40dfa4b7bb8377e47c75855a858387.JPG

984145633_centreshower.JPG.a49f84dbf634e795b9c190e318572480.JPG

lounge.JPG.ce946c341d802b585910832d5e931f32.JPG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental
Keithl - 2014-02-08 3:26 PM

Time to update your profile Judge.

And nice van BTW :-) (I like the busbiker!)

Keith.

Thanks Keith, Choice was to keep Adria and get the busbiker fitted, but this works better i think :-D

new e bikes will be much more secure now.....have updated profile although not picking it up until half term.

Eddie, looks a really nice piece of kit. Now pvc are being built on longer wheel base vans then space to live in is moving much closer to a coach built. Particularly like the large door fly screen, well designed wash room and king sized bed. We will stick with CB for now, as started taking our little grandchildren with us for weekends and like the space when on our own but a van like yours does make you think! Enjoy.

lennyhb - 2014-02-08 4:34 PM

But Eddie it's a Citroen you don't do French! (lol)

Does look nice can only spot one major design flaw - you can't get a beer out of the fridge if OH is in the shower, not what you expect from Germans. :D

... but if Eddie's in the shower he can slide the door round and get one out whilst he's in there ... or on the throne!!!! :D

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2014-02-08 5:44 PM

lennyhb - 2014-02-08 4:34 PM

But Eddie it's a Citroen you don't do French! (lol)

Does look nice can only spot one major design flaw - you can't get a beer out of the fridge if OH is in the shower, not what you expect from Germans. :D

... but if Eddie's in the shower he can slide the door round and get one out whilst he's in there ... or on the throne!!!! :D

Mel you think like a man! :-D

Lenny, plan B is our our old 12v/23v/gas/ chest camping fridge, which we will carry in vast storage area under the bed. the thermostat is knackered and its the best drinks cooler going! can be reached from rear doors(?)

R&J I knew you would like it..as its french with sexy french bed..you dirty devils! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
How did you sell your van then Eddie? :-S..................One... careful.....he can be grumpy at times owner :D..............

Guest JudgeMental

ebay...I always use it with good results..its instant cheap advertising

I cant divulge the financials and cost to change, as one particular member did not believe me last time I changed and he certainly would not this time!

Eddie, great looking van. Get a pair of shades and you can join the cool dudes drag racing along sea fronts.

I will be interested to know how you get on with the shower. We looked at the centre showers in a number of vans at a show and every female who viewed the vans whilst we were in them complained about the shower arrangements. I thought it was a brilliant idea.

We ended up with a small Hymer a-class with swing wall shower. Missus is complaining that the door catches on her "pointy bits".

Enjoy.

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2014-02-08 6:54 PM

ebay...I always use it with good results..its instant cheap advertising

I cant divulge the financials and cost to change, as one particular member did not believe me last time I changed and he certainly would not this time!

So using quids in as the denomination of value..............and houses of ill repute as a satisfaction scale ;-)

1....Would you say.....

2....You were very satisfied ?

3....Almost satisfied?

4....Half in half out with regard to satisfaction?

5....I want my old banger back?

6....Quids in? ;-)

7....6 but with a hint of 5? :D

Guest JudgeMental
pepe63 - 2014-02-08 7:03 PM

AT BL**DY LAST!... (lol) ...Very smart Eddie...

(...Although that bike rack contraption looks rough as guts! ;-) )

(lol)

I carry out due diligence and research forensically :D

wanted the La Strada but could not get a deal..they are like RR dealers heads in the clouds.."Vaz is das impertinent englander!" then it was between the new high top Revolution model wit electric bed, or this one. Got a real good deal with all the extras....the swing out bike rack is the the best thing! :-|

Pelmet, I dont pick it up till half term..like i said it has not cost much to change so no worries to be honest

Brock - 2014-02-08 7:01 PM

Eddie, great looking van. Get a pair of shades and you can join the cool dudes drag racing along sea fronts.

I will be interested to know how you get on with the shower. We looked at the centre showers in a number of vans at a show and every female who viewed the vans whilst we were in them complained about the shower arrangements. I thought it was a brilliant idea.

We ended up with a small Hymer a-class with swing wall shower. Missus is complaining that the door catches on her "pointy bits".

Enjoy.

Gf (like myself) finds the shower/toilet one of the best things about our van, ok you need to know the best wat to deploy the rolled up part (for showering only). and when in use the fridge and drawers are difficult/impossible to get to, but overall the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Guest JudgeMental
colin - 2014-02-08 7:16 PM

Brock - 2014-02-08 7:01 PM

Enjoy.

Gf (like myself) finds the shower/toilet one of the best things about our van, ok you need to know the best wat to deploy the rolled up part (for showering only). and when in use the fridge and drawers are difficult/impossible to get to, but overall the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Thanks Brock.....Yes it was Collins and other owners opinions of the shower that satisfied me they are OK..thing I cant stand is rattles and i think it should be OK by all accounts. lets face it until recently showers in pvc's pretty tight for space, most manufacturers copying this design now

Archived