Our new Possl 636 FR van....

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
Yep...but I had seen many photos and had had a Dekra inspection so knew it was OK? Was really surprised at condition, cooker unused etc....The bathroom door arrangement takes some getting used to, but after 4 days and 3 showers each, we think we have cracked it.....We are just back as got on an earlier chunnel crossing.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I posted before, a little spray of silicon on the top and bottom black tracks couple of times a year helps, plus (if you've not already found out), we find it's best to pull edge of door with right hand whilst 'pushing' with flat of hand on the flat section of door. Also we leave the top press stud of curtain above sink undone and pass showerhead throu there, we don't use the showerhead holder above toilet.

Have you decided you need a better mattress yet? I know it's not as good as Adria on ours.

Guest JudgeMental

Hi Colin...I know it's not as good a mattress as in the adria but slept very well on it for last 3 nights. have you changed your? I normally sleep on left side, and as Brian warned it looks a bit short with the curve and he is right. there is an extension piece that slots in the top but this pushes bed so much forward it obstructs the sliding door. I guess we will swap places in future. the lighting very minimalistic compared to the adria but OK, but sockets very poor with only 1 230v near fridge and no 12 v habitation sockets, wheras the adria had 2 of each, one pair near lounge table and one nerr fridge. But the globecar possl vans seem better put together though so a good move for us..the extra 14 inch length makes a very big difference to living space..

The 150 engine seems smooth, and only notice the extra 20 horses on motorways, as accelerating/overtaking really nice. around town feels no different I think.....the citroen clatters a bit more on start up, but this only for a split second. but we both think it's probably a smoother engine....

Guest JudgeMental
candapack - 2014-02-23 1:18 PM

Hi Eddie, hope you enjoy the new van.

Have you noticed any/much difference yet with the extra length, with regard to driving or parking?

driving no different...And bit too early for an informed opinion re parking, but I can say the Waeco rear view/reversing camera a godsend! but with bikes on rack van must be 6.7 or so metres long? so not going to get into a normal parking spot when touring the likes of Tuscany! but we knew this...

JudgeMental - 2014-02-23 11:00 AM

The bathroom door arrangement takes some getting used to, but after 4 days and 3 showers each, we think we have cracked it.....

....oh, unlucky you; most people manage to crack the shower tray.

German build quality eh!

;-) (lol)

I've changed the mattresses to memory foam ones, see recent thread on this.

Had a 12v socket fitted in rear by smc, have since hard wired skybox and i-sat to 12v switches, have fitted 12v socket in cupboard over dinette, am just looking into fitting extra mains socket in dinette. I told you to get a SB. :D

Mel B - 2014-02-11 11:19 PM

We have a manufacturer fitted immobiliser and door alarm which goes off if a door is opened without using the remote fob to 'isolate' the alarm first ... this usually happens when hubby gets up to make the tea and take the dogs out but just opens the doors without using the remote fob first. :$ It also goes off if we use the original second key (not a remote one) in the cab door lock to open it that way, we then have to stick it into the ignition switch and twiddle it in a certain way to stop it blaring ... hence why we got a second remote fob for when we go back to the 'van at different times! :-D We did consider upgrading the alarm but couldn't see the point really as they can be a pain in the bum if they start having 'errors'.

So, Eddie - will you be getting 2 remote fobs or just one with your new van? If only one and it's important to have a second, would having the alarm 'upgrade' done give you 2? If so, then £280 isn't a lot as our second remote cost not much short of that! Also, bearing in mind where you live it might be preferable to reduce your insurance even though it's not a requirement for your policy.

We thought that Mel when we had our alarm fitted at VanBlitz :-S they dont give you a new fob now there just give you small blue button thing that you attach to your set of keys.!!

I hope you don't regret changing your sleeping arrangement judge :-D my hubby has plumped for the cut off bit !! he isn't daft its ME that gets to climb mount everest if I want to be out (lol) but that's alright I make him pay by just collapsing on him !! he now bends his legs so I have a free bit to shuffle!! its Swings and Roundabouts Im afraid !! WE have about 6 or 7 sockets if you include the two television sockets and I do believe he installed another inside the small cupboard that he has his crank up sat handle in over the fridge. Not bragging of course ;-)

Glad it's all OK Eddie.

We had 2 extra mains outlets installed in ours - useful for charging laptops etc when on hookup. 12v was OK as standard for us - I added one of those 4 socket jobs to the fag lighter at the front, and that's plenty.

Just back from first trip abroad with dog - not in camper this time, but will be at Easter. Dog now barks in French :-D

Robinhood - 2014-02-23 1:35 PM

JudgeMental - 2014-02-23 11:00 AM

The bathroom door arrangement takes some getting used to, but after 4 days and 3 showers each, we think we have cracked it.....

....oh, unlucky you; most people manage to crack the shower tray.

German build quality eh!

;-) (lol)

3 showers EACH in 4 days ... yeah, a likely story .... now we know what you wanted the 'larger' shower cubicle for Eddie! :$ :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

GAS

think I am going to go for the basic 1 x 11kg GasIt refillable bottle with unreliable content gauge, and external filler on van sill (like on last van). plus Calor lite as back up ( what do they weigh full/empty anyone have an idea plse?)

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=263

going to use my old trauma DuoComfort married to a new Cavagna valve, anyone had any experiences with either bottle or valve plse

then going to fit a T with isolation tap, pass 8mm pipe through floor to bbq point mounted facing rear under towbar (bike rack really)

anyone see any flaws in my cunning (cheapish) plan, before I order? :D

The only 'fly' I can see is that if the BBQ point is under the bike rack will you have to move the rack to connect up or scrabble around underneath? Perhaps mounting the BBQ point underneath the side would be better?

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks! Mel/Keith. See.....glad I asked!. grounding on ferries particularly in Croatia/Greece could be an issue I had not considered :-S

was going to use a bullfinch outlet, which will mean making up brackets or using cut down shelf brackets to support it...could mount next to filler point on sill I guess but would prefer on rear. van is on a maxi chasssi so 16 inch wheels so sits pretty high...

Eddie

As has been said, ground clearance would be something to consider....but didn't you have your fill-point mounted below the bumper on the last van?..or was that under the side....?

Also can you look at mounting them both on a combined bracket or in a protective housing?...

(..as you don't want either getting caked in road crud.. :-S )

On ground clearance I have had more than my fair share of difficulties due to the profile of my drive and the entrance to it. In my experience grounding occurs in the middle of the van and not the end. The lowest point of the van is either the step or exhaust so my advice would be that whatever fitment is attached should not be below either of these two things.

Mine's on the gas locker itself, so you have to open the back door to use it, but that's not a problem unless the weather is horrible, in which case you're unlikely to be using the barbie anyway :'(

I got a 2 metre hose made up, longer than recommended I know, but it works OK and gives you a bit more room to move the barbie around.

End result, no issues with road crap being thrown at it etc, balanced against minor inconvenience of having to open door to get at BBQ point.

hughman - 2014-03-07 8:38 AM

Mine's on the gas locker itself, so you have to open the back door to use it, but that's not a problem unless the weather is horrible, in which case you're unlikely to be using the barbie anyway :'(

That would probably be my preferred route(..I mounted the BBQ point inside the locker of our last van..).

..and as modern fwd vans aren't exactly over-endowed with ground clearance, the less we dangle beneath them, the better.. (lol)

Guest JudgeMental

My last BBQ point was on the gas locker itself just like Hugh's, maybe the easiest solution. Better than mounting in locker I think.....

Always fit filler just behind rear wheel on sill, as more convenient, need rear mudguards. Don't really want to fit filler on van wall in case I want to remove system....wouldn't fancy doing it myself anyway.

The BBQ plate due to size vulnerable in comparison to the small filler point, remember this stuff is copper and brass and you can fit a boot/sleeve to protect connection

JudgeMental - 2014-03-06 6:59 PM

GAS

think I am going to go for the basic 1 x 11kg GasIt refillable bottle with unreliable content gauge, and external filler on van sill (like on last van). plus Calor lite as back up ( what do they weigh full/empty anyone have an idea plse?)

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=263

The Calor-quoted weights of a Calor Lite 6kg bottle are 4.52kg (empty) and 10.52kg (full).

http://www.calor.co.uk/calor-lite-propane-gas-bottle.html

The empty weight of the GAS IT bottle is (approximately) 10.7kg. The weight of 21 litres of propane (at 80% of capacity cut-off) would be around 10.5kg, so the full weight of the bottle would be about 21.2kg.

(There's no real reason to expect the GAS IT magnetically-operated contents-level gauge to be unreliable, though it might not be as reliable as a 'mechanical' system and it might be less accurate.)

JudgeMental - 2014-03-07 9:07 AM

The BBQ plate due to size vulnerable...

Judge,

As the Bullfinch plate is so large have you considered using the much smaller 8mm quick connect type of fitting which was common before the Bullfinch?

Have a look at Page 4 of CAK Tanks gas brochure here for items GQCT8 and the mounting box GEOB8.

Just another option.

Keith.

• 4 months later...

Archived