best run for tv cable

jordano

jordano - 2014-02-21 12:20 PM

i want to run a tv cable from the hook up point in our autotrail cheyenne 2009, up to the fusebox/ media player is there a route i could take so it cant be seen?. how do i get behind the wall panels? thanks in advance.

In a word you don't :-(

The inner wall panels are bonded to the insulation and outer panel before being cut to shape in the factory so there is absolutely no way of feeding a wire behind the inner wall panel.

The mains inlet cable from the hook up point most probably goes down through the floor and then is routed up between the cab moulding and body before reappearing in the top overhead locker. You just may be able to follow this route but don't hold out much hope.

The alternative would be to run up in the back of a cupboard or wardrobe if one was nearby. Failing this a length of square white plastic trunking stuck in a corner would be the only other option I could think of but obviously not ideal.

Keith.

Not sure of your layout ? but on my 2012 Savannah, I followed the route of the orange power cable, as keithl said, sited connection plug alongside power input plug, ran Aerial cable up through kitchen unit, into linking furniture up to high level cupboards, into cupboard which houses Status Aerial booster unit. have a double female connector there for either : site supplied signal or Satus aerial/booster. (don't Double boost signal !).

Just took a couple of hours and a bit of 'fiddling' (I used a flexible fishing rod to guide cable through 'blind' areas). good luck ! ;-)

Don't drill outside skin unless you really,really have no other route. Ray

the cable went up the drivers door pilar if you look underneath you can see all the other cables. was just a matter of taking off a plastic cover and feeding it down then across to the hookup box. there is a little tab at the top that you can bbreak off and push the cable through. my next question is how do i connect it to the system?.

jordano - 2014-02-24 5:31 PM

the cable went up the drivers door pilar if you look underneath you can see all the other cables. was just a matter of taking off a plastic cover and feeding it down then across to the hookup box. there is a little tab at the top that you can bbreak off and push the cable through. my next question is how do i connect it to the system?.

Good for you ! You will have 2 cables into your Status booster, plus the small power supply cable.

1 'out' to your freeview tuner/TV/monitor,

1 'in' from your Status aerial.

Now, Plus your extra cable from the site supply, depending on the type of aerial connection (either screw in or push in) mine were screw in, so, rather than 'faffing about' screwing in and out, up in a small cupboard, I bought 3 connectors (male push in) plus a Double ended female connector.

Cut into 'Out' cable about 6" from Booster, leaving 6" still connected. Fit male connectors on both ends of cut cable, and one male connector on end of your 'Site aerial' cable. Simply plug EITHER the Status Cable to the freeview box /TV or the 'Site aerial' .

This is the way way I did it anyway, and it works fine, Check all plugs and connections if you don't get a signal.

http://www.visionplus.co.uk/shop/digital-tv-amplifier-vp2.html

good luck. Ray

Archived