swift sundance 2004

shaunyboy

hello i bought a swift sundance 590rl 2004model in sept 2013 from a dealer for £19000 when i pick it up and drove it home all was well we could not wait to try it out for the weekend so we booked a weekend in the new forest and i noticed that the clutch was high so i booked it back in with the dealer and they test drove it and said the clutch needed changing i said ok then i had a phone call saying that they would pay for the clutch but i would have to pay for the labour ... so they put new fluid in and bleed the clutch and said it will be ok thats the first thing. second thing today i was getting it ready to go away on the 19th and i noticed that under the door was wet and when i pushed it my finger went though then i went underneath by the step and it is a little bit wet i am gutted when i bought it they said it had a full habitation check .... the motorhome only has 16500 miles on it any ideas. thank shaun

Did they say it had a damp test?

We have a Sundance 590 RS 2006. Ours had to have a complete new floor, due to damp. It was done buy Swift. We have had the van from new, so was done under warranty. The mileage is not really a factor , just a bad floor, which they have now gone to a different manufactuter for .

We have no problem now with damp. and our van has done 37, 000 miles

i would go back to the dealer They should have done a damp check , with the hab check, before you purchased it.

PJay

we are new at this and yes he said all checks was done i have sent him an email so i can see underneath by the steps where the floor ends it is wet the rest of the floor is fine it looks like when it has been park the rain has run down the door frame and seeped in this model is a rear lounge so the door is at the front if i have no joy from the dealer is this a job that i could fix ...... thank you for your reply shaun

Shaun,

As you have only just bought your MH from a dealer it is not fit for purpose and under UK law he MUST either make good the faults OR refund your money in full.

Suggest you speak to Citizens Advice or if in a club such as AA, RAC, Caravan club, etc, get legal advice.

Sorry, for short answer but time limited.

Keith.

Sorry to hear you have a problem Shaun,

The length of the warranty will be a factor - however if it's obvious that this ingress has happened over a longer period of time - ie prior to your purchase, then you have even greater grounds for demanding remedial action.

As seems is often the case, habitation checks do not always include the underside.

It is imperative that you conduct a really thorough inspection over the whole floor, paying particular attention to the perimeter floor/side skirt join, wheel arch mouldings and around any cut-outs that facilitate pipework, cabling etc.

These vans are notorious for water ingress - just search Swift Damp. I don't say that to cause you any greater concern, but it will give you a better insight as to where the problem is most prevalent.

I would get an independent check, don't rely on the original dealer.

Archived