Autotrail Delaware Entrance/Exit Light Operation.

Frank McAuley

Re above. Mhome had new retracting step fitted and placed in storage in Oct 2013; on checking at weekend found that :-

step didn't extend or retract on first press of button on remote but functioned correctly on 2nd press;

the step functioned correctly on operating the internal press button ;

when the step either extended or retracted the exit and awning lights worked for approx 30 secs.

When I tried to switch the exit/entrance light on from the switch (colocated with the step press button) it would not illuminate!

When I pressed the button on the control panel to activate the dimmable lights above the seats and windows in the hab area the light beside the hab door would not illuminate - its partner on the opposite side did!

I have checked all the fuses and they are OK.

My questions: is there a connection (excuse the pun) with the light failures and the fitting of the new

step;

why does it take two presses of the remote to activate the step?

Frank,

First things first, did it all work correctly when the new step was fitted last year or did you not check it?

This makes a BIG difference to fault finding as it is then either something the fitter did wrong OR a fault which has developed since, (ie corroded earth).

Keith.

Difficult situation then!

Was it a dealer or service engineer you know and to whom you could return and ask if they can fix what may (and I only say may) be their fault or are you on your own?

I suspect that soemthing went wrong when the step was replaced, maybe an earth wire was not refitted or something like.

Keith.

You can set up defaults and alter timings on the panel above the entrance door.get to the auto trail logo then press the up arrow and down arrow buttons together until the set up screen appears, from it you can alter entrance light timings and step motor cycles,mine is set at 30 cycles which is the default,and it works fine. Of course it could still be a fault though. Ray

Thanks Keith

Fitted by a Service Engineer and we've already chatted so no probs there but I would like to give him a "heads-up" - I know he will appreciate any assistance from this site.

I tend to think it's a step related prob although I think there is merit in the suggestion that the two connections on the hab door may need cleaning to fix the remote prob. The elephant in the room is the dim able light beside the had door not working yet it's partner on the RHS is.

Thanks again but as hab check isn't until 19 th inst all help/advice most welcome!

Rayjsj - 2014-03-10 10:41 PM

You can set up defaults and alter timings on the panel above the entrance door.get to the auto trail logo then press the up arrow and down arrow buttons together until the set up screen appears, from it you can alter entrance light timings and step motor cycles,mine is set at 30 cycles which is the default,and it works fine. Of course it could still be a fault though. Ray

Thanks Ray. I have already done as you say - Sargent emailed me the additional manual - but with no effect although it certainly was a learning exercise.

Archived