Autocruise Starspirit 2002

Jock66

Welcome jock66,

Autocruise of this era were well put together, and seldom leaked (the MAIN problem you need to check for), some spares could be a problem, as Swift (the new Owners of the Brand name) have not kept any, A petrol engine is VERY unusual, as even then, Turbo Diesels were the norm. So, MPG could be a problem. Get it Damp checked before parting with any money.

Autocruise were a very well respected Brand, check for back Road Tests in the MMM archive.

And Good luck Ray

I would avoid any petrol van, it's going to be slow, lack torque for climbing hills, and be thirsty to boot.

It will no doubt affect it desirability and re-sale value too.

If you are really keen on the van, then take it for a drive - but do take in plenty of hills before you part with any money!

As already suggested, check for damp

Thanks for all your advice guys, yes Ray that's the one! It's in good shape and we think we,re going to have another look at it. Give it a test drive and poke and pull it about a bit to see how it stands up.

Jock,

I would push for a bit of warranty (at that price) especially..... get it damp checked.

We had a 2005 Starlet 2, (starburst) and were very pleased with it, not sure if the Starspirit had the Eberspacher hot water/ heater ? if it has, get them to get it working to your satisfaction as well, they can be damaged by neglect, and can be expensive to put right. But IMHO, are better than the Truma Combitronic. (which I have now). Good Luck Ray

Archived