Peterborough show..used motorhomes

stevec

We've been keeping our eye on the internet sites for used MHs of the type we are looking for. I believe that there will be second hand MHs at the Peterborough show (we are new to shows and MHs in general). I am assuming that if they are at the show then we should have been able to find them online beforehand. We are just wondering if we should hold off looking until the show. Of course no guarantee that dealers will be bringing them along. I am also assuming that units are static and we will not be able to test drive.

Guest pelmetman

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the nut house, I doubt you'll get a test drive at a show :-S..........but in reality the base vehicle is all much of a muchness, as your limited to 4 base vehicles ie............Sevel/Ford/Merc or Renault, and whether you get a good one is in the lap of the gods ;-)..............

More important is your layout and vehicle size, getting that right is the key to happy camping B-)............

If I'd were you I'd be trawling every dealer just to look at as many layouts as possible :D...........

Good luck on getting it right first time :-|...............

StuartO - 2014-04-10 6:12 PM

And especially if you are new to motorhoming remember PAYLOAD, PAYLOAD, PAYLOAD! It's important!

And DAMP, DAMP, DAMP! Do not believe what any dealer says about habitation and damp checks before buying, get your own done to be certain!

Keith.

layout? beats all.

Whatever you buy try to remember ..it is what suits you..[layout/beds/bits and pieces/heating/ kitchen[make a list of what you intend to do whilst on your travels] that is the best vehicle. We Started with a converted Ford Transit minibus in the mid 70s..my memory[ which is now faulty]..tells me we had more fun with that than our current vehicle..but much less comfort??.

It is [motor homing] a fantastic hobby/pastime..whatever and the meeting and greeting of people is prime amongst the pleasures we get.Fantastic people/great events {Marty Wild coming up..]

We have had nearly 40 years of out and about.[live?.. and sometimes wishing we were not?]sadly coming to an end..

A final thought is..selling price?..

I will be selling my vehicle this year a for few grand less than than its "Worth"..at my age [born 1920s] it makes no difference. when it is your turn to sell??? check resale prices//?

Enjoy..

Archived