12volt dometic fridge problem

julesgemini

I just cant work this problem out! The fridge works fine on gas and 240v but if I select 12v the voltage drops from 12v to 0v. I took the 12v element out and connected to directly to the battery and it gets hot so I'm presuming its ok. I connected the element directly to the 12v feed bypassing the switch and the element does not get hot. I also on occasions detected only 8volts coming from the 12v feed. I checked the feed to the battery coz I thought i might be the alternator but that's got a healthy 14volts. Please has anyone got any ideas what this could be? (?)

Keithl - 2014-04-23 7:54 PM

Sorry I didn't realise the other one posted . Will have a look at your link. Thanks

Jules,

You posted this exact same question earlier today and I went to great trouble to type you a reply, why have you now asked exactly the same question again in a new thread? Link to original thread

Was there something wrong with my earlier reply?

Sorry for the rant, not a happy bunny :-(

Keith.

Thanks again , will let u know if it works

QUOTE]Keithl - 2014-04-23 7:54 PM

Jules,

You posted this exact same question earlier today and I went to great trouble to type you a reply, why have you now asked exactly the same question again in a new thread? Link to original thread

Was there something wrong with my earlier reply?

Sorry for the rant, not a happy bunny :-(

Keith.

Archived