Advice needed

Geee246

Hi all

Been a while since I posted but could do with a bit of advice. Currently have a CI Carioca 625 which is our first van. Its been great and have used it lots even doing a 3 week France trip last year.

Normally its myself, my wife and 14 year old son that go away and we feel that we have outgrown the van. The basis of what we are looking for is something with more space, ready made beds that don't need to be set up whenever it's bed time, large overcab bed and ample storage.

Appreciate that its a minefield but I search relentlessly and want to try and narrow it down a bit.

Geee

Adria coral 660.

we have been very happy with it, sounds like it has everything you are looking for and very well made. Lots of storage but ours has been uprated to 3850kg to give better payload. Big garage but don't assume you can just fill it up as the max is 150kg.

Happy hunting.

Mark.

Thanks Mark.

Looks like a nice van and one to add to the short list.. Nice layout as the seating area would not need to be moved around to make a bed in our case. I am looking for something in the region of 22 - £25000 so the new shape would be out of my reach but the older model looks great.

Geee,

Have you looked at any Auto Trails?

They seem to have a decent sized overcab bed compared to many and there are several models with a fixed bed as well so would well suit your needs.

Here's one very similar to ours but unfortunately without the overcab but just to give you an idea... Link.

Keith.

Geee

I notice that you asked for advice about a year ago regarding changing your motorhome

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Chausson-Motorhome-experiences/31589/#M372454

You'd get better feedback if you provided details of any critical 'limitations'.

For instance, your present Carioca 625 is about 6.5m long - would you wish to limit the length of the replacement and, if so, what is the maximum length you could tolerate? (Presumably LHD is not an option?)

There will be plenty of motorhomes that, on paper, should meet your 'bed' criteria. For example

http://www.betterthancamping.co.uk/hobby_siesta_t600_ak_km.html

I did post around a year ago which shows how long I've been toying with the idea.

We recently went away over Easter and were literally falling over each other. Me and the other half constantly bicker about what we want. She wants the fixed bed though I think they take up too much space. I like the idea of bunks for the lad and for the additional storage or would consider a fixed bed width ways to provide garage space. My sister in law has a Roller Team 600 and the overcab bed is big enough to sit up in and lie any way you want.

My current van is 6.1 metres long though I would have no problems going to around 7 metres or a bit more. LHD is not an option

All advice so far is very much appreciated.

Geee246 - 2014-05-09 8:33 AM

Thanks Mark.

Looks like a nice van and one to add to the short list.. Nice layout as the seating area would not need to be moved around to make a bed in our case. I am looking for something in the region of 22 - £25000 so the new shape would be out of my reach but the older model looks great.

We had a Adria Coral SP640 before this had two bunks in the rear and the over cab, never used the diner bed, when the diner bed is out you can't use the ladder to get to the overcab.

• 2 weeks later...
mildi - 2014-05-09 5:22 PM

Geee246 - 2014-05-09 8:33 AM

We had a Adria Coral SP640 before this had two bunks in the rear and the over cab, never used the diner bed, when the diner bed is out you can't use the ladder to get to the overcab.

I think this is the case in a lot of vans. Ours is the same

If you have the right lay out, a 6mtr van should be big enough for two, we have plenty of space in ours, having an end kitchen helps IMO, as you are not in the way when makeing a meal. We spend up to 3 months at a time away in ours

PJay

Archived