Camping key Europe...beware

snowie

Hi all,

Set off from Harwich just over two weeks ago, doing Denmark, Sweden and

Norway. Weather fantastic apart from last 24 hours and we've had rain.

Only glitch so far, the above Camping Key, issued by Caravan Club.

It has failed to be acknowledged by system every time we have used it? We'll sort it eventually!

These countries are great, and campsites are too. I believe you can camp other places too, but not needed to so far.

Stockholm next, then Norway, must stock up on paper products!

Regards

Alan b and mrs b

Sounds like you are having a good time. I prefer the CCI card as been around a lot longer and recognised by nearly all campsites, many who will give discount when using it.

The CCI also seems to be a lot cheaper although I am not sure how you get hold of one now if you are not a member of a club who issues them.

Brambles - 2014-06-05 9:58 AM

Sounds like you are having a good time. I prefer the CCI card as been around a lot longer and recognised by nearly all campsites, many who will give discount when using it.

The CCI also seems to be a lot cheaper although I am not sure how you get hold of one now if you are not a member of a club who issues them.

Hi

We found last year the CCI is not accepted in Scandinavia, at least none of the campsites in Sweden or Norway that we stopped at accepted them. We generally stayed in a campsite about 1 night in 3.

Had to purchase a key card in Swedien and that worked for us.

I would agree CCI for the rest of Europe, purchased ours through CCC.

Peter

Can also use ACSI card which they call a Camping Carnet it costs €4.95 (including postage) direct from ACSI. We use it instead of the CCI card with no problems in Europe. Once registered with ACSI a new card is sent without the need to ask for it and it has all your details pre-printed unlike the Caravan Club one which has to be filled in. C&CC card of course normally has all your details printed on the card.

Archived