Step fuse

ColinT

Colin,

My first port of call to see if I could help you was the Sargent Electrical website Link but unfortunately the Swift Motorhomes 2003 page links to caravans not motorhomes so I would suggest a phone call to Sargent to see if they can help.

Keith.

Thanks for replies. I think 2003 may be before Sargent got involved with motorhomes? The "control panel" only has 4 rocker switches on it, which battery, water level, awning light.

The wiring behind the fridge contains relay and buzzer then disappears down through floor to join in with other vehicle wiring so without opening that up I don't know where it goes.

Colin.. have you tried the Swift forum?

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/main/authorization/signIn?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swift-talk.co.uk%2Fforum

There may be some owners/ex-owners, who may be able to help..?

It may take the feed from somewhere behind the dash?(ours did on a previous van).. are there any glove box or lower dash panels that can be easily removed?...that may reveal any "odd looking" fuses?

....can't answer the direct question, but can add some pointers.

If the step isn't working, you may want to check the relay as well as the fuse (and, of course, any wiring).

My experience of Swift build is that they tended to tuck the relays (and sometimes fuses) away in the most unlikely places.

Last time I went looking for a step relay on a Swift van it was at the back of the "cubby" under the cooker.

This was, however, on a layout where this was adjacent to the door - on your layout, I would be inclined to tease off the lower fridge vent (if, as I suspect, it is a removable one), and have a look at the wiring in there.

....actually, as you were! (Reflected on what I've posted and my brain has caught up!)

There is wiring to the step switch that may be in the locations mentioned, I'd expect the fuse to be in the engine bay, close to the relays (which Swift conventionally mounted on a bracket under the top plastic engine cover). If you can't find the (three or four-way clear-plastic topped) fusebox, trace the wiring from the aforementioned relays.

Thanks all for your assistance, Robinhood you were correct it was under a black plastic cover right in the middle of the engine bay, I mist it because I couldn't see any wires going into it! Anyway one fuse blow and one relay with faulty contact. Fridge and step now working fine.

Thanks again

Colin

ColinT - 2014-06-08 9:22 AM

Thanks all for your assistance, Robinhood you were correct it was under a black plastic cover right in the middle of the engine bay, I mist it because I couldn't see any wires going into it! Anyway one fuse blow and one relay with faulty contact. Fridge and step now working fine.

Thanks again

Colin

Well done, as I suggested beside the split charge relays. Use good quality fuses as cheepos will burn the fuse block out.

Archived