Refurb of plastic sink

hallii

My sink had become "crazed" and grubby looking. I tried all sorts to make it look better but nothing really worked. I enquired about a new one, only €153 ! So before I bit the bullet and ordered one I decided to have a go and spray it as someone on here once suggested. (I can't find the original post).

Anyway, I rubbed it down well and used "Rustoleum" spray paint in a (nearly) matching colour.

Four coats later and it looks very smart, and it has stayed on for several trips and it withstands boiling water!

If it lasts a couple of years it's a good investment at £7, and I have got enough to do it again!

I do love saving money, it makes me feel kind of warm inside (lol)

H

Hope it lasts.

Our white bathroom sink has an unpleasant brown ring round the inside (which we saw before we bought the van). We THINK its a result of a diesel contamination of the water system (which we didn't find out about until after we had bought), now resolved.

Nothing will shift the stain, any suggestions?

Guest pelmetman
hallii - 2014-06-09 5:07 PM

I do love saving money, it makes me feel kind of warm inside (lol)

H

A man after my own wallet B-)...........

candapack - 2014-06-09 7:22 PM

Hope it lasts.

Our white bathroom sink has an unpleasant brown ring round the inside (which we saw before we bought the van). We THINK its a result of a diesel contamination of the water system (which we didn't find out about until after we had bought), now resolved.

Nothing will shift the stain, any suggestions?

Chris,

Try polishing it out with Burnishing cream, I like Rustins but there are many, many other brands,,, Link to Burnishing Cream.

It is a very mild abrasive, probably slightly stronger than T cut but works brilliantly on all plastics and acrylics.

We had a light coloured water mark in the dark coloured sink of our MH when we bought it and burnishing cream removed all traces of it with very little effort and left totally undetectable results.

Keith.

Talking of paint, I got fed up of my yellowed toilet cassette locker door frame. The plastic would not clean up and the deep cream colour looked tatty. I painted it with Plastikote satin finish white super enamel. Just a light coating 2 years ago and still looks like it Is new. The high level brake light housing has nwo yellowed and jhere before it would clean up with T-cut it no longer does. So it is going to get the same paint treatment as will the gas locker door large vent.

Archived