2005 Apache 600 chassis height

Hulguly

Does anyone know the correct distance from wheel centre to the wheel arch please.

I suspect the shock absorbers may need replacing,and would with like to check this measurement.

We have a problem with steering on roundabouts and right hand bends when there is some reluctance to point in the right direction.

Before we get a mechanics suck , does anyone have an idea what replacement shocks could be .

BTW I have checked tyres are not under inflated or unevenly worn. Just had MOT so I assume steering parts are good.

Thanks in advance.

Hulguly,

First things first, shock absorbers will not affect ride height! All they control is the damping of oscillations after you have gone over a bump.

If you have a sagging or failed road spring then this will affect ride height.

I suggest you need to get a full suspension check, for any worn or damaged linkages or bushes, and then and only then a full 4 wheel alignment.

Keith.

I'm intrigued by your description of the steering problem, a "reluctance to point in the right direction" could be almost anything from a worn track rod end to a bent chassis, both of which would have been picked up on a MOT test. Give us a better description of what it does or does not do at roundabouts and right hand bends please.

D.

Thanks Stalwart and Keith

Best description is that it takes more effort to go right above 20 mph then to go left my mrs thinks the vehicle leans over a bit more on right turns then left and you feel more comfortable at low speeds on corners.

Trying to get as much insight as pos before I get as Keith suggests have a suspension check possibly follows by a 4 wheel alignment (sounds like a big mechanics suck coming)

Cheers

Archived