Help and advise Pleeease!!!

tashymondo

Hello;

My name is Tashymondo. I am about to have my first experience of road tripping in a motor home. As a suprise for my lovely fiancé I have hired a 7 berth motor home to be precise its a Fiat Ducato 250, 2.3 multijet. A massive vehicle for a first time but my other half will drive most of the time....its hes dream I am not just cheeky lol.

what I need help with is where to take our motor home? We want to head down to the south /east of England so Brighton, Sussex, Surrey, Essex, earl of sandwich, Bournemouth.

Please advise on places we can stay the and things we could do. It really is our dream to do this and I don't want to mess things up. If I can plan this trip properly it would really make him happy things have been so hard for us and I haven't seen him smile for ages. I love him dearly and I so want him to enjoy this experience. The only problem is coz the vehicle is so big I have to take it some where he will be happy to stay and feel safe to drive.

I truly appreciate any information, suggestions and or advice. Thank you in advance .

Tashymondo

Check out the web site for UKCAMPSITES it gives details of hundreds of campsites .....down that part of the world are loads of nice sites and parking ... there is a cheap camping at the old dover rd park and ride in canterbury... have fun

Hello

My advice would be to check out the Camping in the Forest sites in the New Forest as they are fairly local to Bournemouth.

http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/

The sites are lovely and no too far away from Bournemouth, the sites are easy to drive onto and you could probably get a bus into Bournemouth for the day.

Alternatively the site recommended is a good one.

Guest JudgeMental
Brighton caravan club site, well placed on outskirts of Brighton near marina, a bus 10 mins walk....its a decent site with large pitches. Plus they accept non members..best book it up as Brighton gets very busy! we were there for long weekend recently and Brighton was buzzing :-D

Tashymondo,

Just a quick question re the MH you are hiring.

You say it is a 7 berth which implies it will a large MH, have you checked that your Fiancee has the correct driving licence to drive it?

If it has a GVW (or MTPLM) of over 3,500 kg then he will need a Class C1 driving licence to drive it. It would be as well to check and find out now rather than turn up and find out he cannot drive it: (:

Keith.

Archived