At one time

nightrider

I suppose if you lot were all leaning against a bar with a pint in your hand your "debate" would make a very interesting and entertaining evening , as im sure all of you are excellent at getting your points across ,without causing any offence ,because tone of voice can soften any blow : unfortunately when its a written debate you dont have that advantage , and feelings do get hurt and tempers frayed . However its still more entertaining than the telly at the moment ,pp:)....... On garde (as in fencing)

Pampam - 2014-07-01 5:35 AM

I suppose if you lot were all leaning against a bar with a pint in your hand your "debate" would make a very interesting and entertaining evening , as im sure all of you are excellent at getting your points across ,without causing any offence ,because tone of voice can soften any blow : unfortunately when its a written debate you dont have that advantage , and feelings do get hurt and tempers frayed . However its still more entertaining than the telly at the moment ,pp:)....... On garde (as in fencing)

Surely this just another "SPORT" Pam? At least you can turn the TV off. With the written word you just have to scroll through, just like we do with recorded ITV adverts.

Slightly off subject

Do you think the Tv advertisers know we all (Well a lot of us)skip the adverts??

PJay

My very first post on this Forum was responded to by quite a few folk. In ignorance I didn't even introduce myself.

It's a long time back now but I clearly remember its subject and one response stood out a mile, it was from Frank.

In essence, I posted about the volume of stuff that came out of a van on site nearby, it was never ending.

Frank posted to this effect, that perhaps a tent camper would think precisely the same thing about us, (me), what with bikes loungers etc.

As a brand new user of the Forum I found his response somewhat blunt and was taken aback.

Looking back at it later, Frank was absolutely spot on. I put myself on the stage and invited comment, Frank's comment was just that, comment.

Martyn

Guest pelmetman
LordThornber - 2014-07-01 12:34 PM

Looking back at it later, Frank was absolutely spot on. I put myself on the stage and invited comment, Frank's comment was just that, comment.

Martyn

Fair comment Martyn............Shame HE can't accept other people have opinions too ;-)................

Its back to the old argument about what is lively debate and what is insulting,sometimes little jokes dont come across so well on here and i suppose some people are quicker to take offense than others,having said that i still miss old one foot lol *-)

Yes i miss him(1 foot) too : pjay i record all programmes then skip the adverts ,am currently watching Fargo ooer that billy bob thornton plays a great baddie ! And its based on a true story wow! If you havent watched it i would recomend it bit grizzly ....pp:)

We have a freesat box and i too recorded Fargo brilliant series your right Billy bob Thornton is a great actor and makes the show,also currently recording George Clarks amazing spaces,if you havent seen it give it a look it truly is amazing

Guest pelmetman
Pampam - 2014-07-05 6:13 PM

George clark is def worth one!!

One of what Pam? :-S................

Unfortunately this thread seems to have gone off original subject matter

Sexual innuendo seems to have crept in and next we will be subjected to racist comments from the usual knuckle draggers.....

Can the mods please move this to the more appropriate Motorhome Matters please

Laughter Cappie laughter surely not ... There's too many shirt collars on ere for laughter

Make me puke ...... Remind me of all the wavers who are almost out of there motors waving as is the motorhome way..... But once on site don't say hello / goodbye kiss my ar.. or anything

Spot on antony! And fifth wheel owners are the worst,wave at us furiously cos you dont seem them often,try and strike up a conversation and realise they are ultra snobby and theirs is bigger/posher/more expensive than yours so they dont want to know,it was quite funny later they were the barricade with windbreaks type,you know fence of secure the perimeter,so we sat outside drinking beer they sat behind the berlin wall drinking wine and talking loudly about how they would normally be in the algarve but roger had to rough it in the uk this year!

Guest pelmetman
capcloser - 2014-07-06 12:36 PM

Your not gonna invite him round to see your amazing space are you? *-)

Not sure if he'd appreciate it Cap ;-)...................It has been described as a clapped out old banger by some on here 8-)...............But currently my mobile council estate is parked on a beach side pitch overlooking the Isle of Mull B-).................

Even the suns out :D...........

As usual its raining here in Suffolk,i swear this county has its own micro climate that even seems to know when I'm not at work so it can fecking rain some more,so today its a tradional sunday for us,lamb stew,beer and F1, luckily dogs have had a long walk and are now sleeping/farting or is that me >:-(

Archived