I want to change my name

MandyAndy

I,ll leave left hand drive up to you Mandy, but a reversing cameras is a real plus especially on larger vans. If you are planning on going abroad or un familiar places then sat nav will also be a worth while addition. D,ont worry about the size of the van, as after the first few days you will not notice the difference, just plan ahead and look ahead for parking or road conditions etc. Finally i,m supprised at the attitude of the MCC. ( I take it this is the one you mean) as it hardly encourages new membership. Howard.

Left or right hand drive. My husband usually drives and wondered how he'd get on when we went abroad for the first time in our RHD motorhome last year - not a problem! The roads are much quieter abroad so having a RHD motorhome over there isn't a problem especially as there are 2 of you - the passenger can see beyond the vehicles in front if necessary for safe overtaking. In Britain, however, with our congested roads he would definitely stick to a RHD van, driving generally and overtaking here is more difficult, plus the insurance for a LHD van is more and you'd have a smaller market for when you came to sell it on. It's down to you in the end but in our opinion driving a RHD abroad isn't a problem, driving a LHD here could be.

Mandy, Two thing's the funnel mel suggested is a fantastic idea you can pick one up in the pound shop . I had the same experience went to get water . To far from the tap on site (before we were brave enough to go naked ) wild. anyway's got the big drum out filled it lugged it around and then couldn't get the bloody water in ....No Neck on the drum ...TAkE A FUNNEL ..then at least you can get water and perhaps on the first trip you can then see what type of water hose connector things you need (we have em all now) sad really spend hours in DIY shops picking up bit's secondly Mel said about the RHD I agree . As a driver of HGV & PSV you do get used to it in europe . if you stick with the RHD less if you come to sell it...& as howard say's don't worry about the lenght it makes no difference takes a few hours to get used to top wack's Just take it wide at first (only so you don't do any damage to your new pride & joy) see you around sometime

• 3 months later...
[QUOTE]Mandy&Andy - 2006-09-14 10:49 AM This is my first message, I am Mandy and dreaming of getting our first motor home, which is how I got Mandreamer. But having seen it on screen I know what it reads like now and would like to change it, I am not on the look out for a man. Can anyone help?? Many thanks, love reading all your postings, looks a great site for what I want[/QUOTE] Happy New Year "Mandy". From your "old" friend Howard. *-)

• 4 months later...

Archived