Snipe Satellite - are you in the picture?

Thurlestone

• 11 months later...

Hi

Re Megasat/Snipe --> AVOID!

I have a 'Megasat Countryman GPS Premium', which is 100% identical to the 'Snipe Pro'. Both these devices are made in Korea, they are simply badged in the west.

Unfortunately, I cannot report any positives re the Megasat. The waterproofing is non existent, water gets into it whether driving or stationary, and the next time you try and use it the motors burn out. I have had mine since June, its spent under 2 months actually on the van roof, its been back to Germany twice for repair. Its burnt out 2 elevation motors and a rotation motor. I have spoken to a UK retailer of the Snipe Pro who has confirmed that they have seen the same issues.

If you don't want a whole load of pain spend some more money - Megasat and Snipe devices are cheap for a reason - they are utter rubbish!

The only upside is that I paid £500 brand new for a fully automatic sat dish. These things are only cheap if they work though!

Nigel

veletron - 2015-11-16 1:29 PM

Hi

Re Megasat/Snipe --> AVOID!

I have a 'Megasat Countryman GPS Premium', which is 100% identical to the 'Snipe Pro'. Both these devices are made in Korea, they are simply badged in the west.

Unfortunately, I cannot report any positives re the Megasat. The waterproofing is non existent, water gets into it whether driving or stationary, and the next time you try and use it the motors burn out. I have had mine since June, its spent under 2 months actually on the van roof, its been back to Germany twice for repair. Its burnt out 2 elevation motors and a rotation motor. I have spoken to a UK retailer of the Snipe Pro who has confirmed that they have seen the same issues.

If you don't want a whole load of pain spend some more money - Megasat and Snipe devices are cheap for a reason - they are utter rubbish!

The only upside is that I paid £500 brand new for a fully automatic sat dish. These things are only cheap if they work though!

Nigel

See motorhome matters.

Archived