omnistep

dfin

Omnistep autotrail cheyene 2007. Step moves in and out on its own. Press in door switch stopped working. Step only stops working when I disconnect engine battery. Step retracts when engine is started and stays in for journey. I believe the step did not extend fully when vehicle was unlocked, it got stuck on the large black plastic steps we use in front of omnistep. I have checked fuses on sargent power supply el325, fuses under bonnet and right hand side of steering wheel all ok. Any help please would be appreciated. :-|

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum,

The wiring for your step does not come from your EC325 but directly from the EM50 junction box. Have a look at Page 5 of the wiring diagram from Sargent Electrical's website here... Link.

Have you checked for power and earth on the respective wires going to the step and switch? This should be a first port of call to try and ascertain where the fault lies.

If you still cannot identify the fault I would suggest you contact Sargent as they have proved to be very helpful to MH owners in the past... Link.

Keith.

Hi,

I also am a newbie here, and I am not familiar with the Cheyenne, but may I offer a suggestion.

You say that the door switch stopped working. I assume that the "door switch" operates the step. From the Sergent diagram it looks like a simple push button, which may be faulty. Is it possible to get at the wires? Try removing them from the switch. You could try a emulating the switch with a temporary short, using an insulated piece of wire. This should prove or disprove the switch fault.

For safety reasons step should retract automatically when the engine is started.

I hope that this helps.

Archived