Rapido Leaking Fresh Water Tank leak/replacement

muffinn

So three and a half hours to get the tank out (by a reputable engineer) with various tests on the way to eliminate possible sources we discover that the tank and more essentially its supports are of laughably inadequate design and like others who have reported the problem and like Rapido in Wokingham who have confirmed it the issue is with the rear (inaccessible!) rear of tank supports.

The tanks are held up at the rear by two sections of drainpipe pushed up into a cup shape in the tank and sitting inside cups on the floor. The front sits on a narrow rectangle in the tank against an angle shape which is part of the seatbelt fixing. The tank can move on the floor - nothing holds it firmly in place.

The result? Any 5 year old could tell you...is that pressure points exist in the foot design and believe it or not one of the corners has split!

When asked can I repair it the answer from Rapido was , "Only if you want to repeat the process for the other foot within a year!"

So over £400 in parts at least a day's labour and two weeks lost from a summer holiday! Thanks Rapido - I am so glad I bought a van of such reputable quality!

I haven't mentioned that with the August shutdown in France it'll be well into September before I am on the road again. Don't think that three year warranties cover this either!

I'd love to hear from others who have encountered this issue.

Archived