Its in the bag for Salmond............

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

If the Scots vote yes we'll have re brand the United Kingdom :D..................

How about the..........United Kingdom of Independent Parliaments?..........

UKIP (lol) (lol)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enodreven - 2014-08-30 12:23 PM

Can anyone explain why they appear to hate us ? Someone said the Welsh problem has something to do with a Prince Llewellyn or something like that, if its true then why do they hold a grudge for so long

1066. Could this count as our grudge against the French or the Norsemen. :-S

Dave

Guest pelmetman

Its getting nasty now 8-).............

They're saying the Scots wont be allowed to take part in future Olympics :-S............next they'll be saying they cant play in the world cup *-)................

Oooops :D..........

Hi, it does seem to be the way ? I really cant understand why the Scots seem to hate the English, where as from most of the English I know dont seem to have the same feeling towards them.

Can anyone explain why they appear to hate us ?

It's quite easy really -- very simple -- Apart from historical hate -- Edward the1st -- "Hammer of the Scots",the Battle of Culloden, etc. etc., the most recent cause for Scots hate of the English is Maggie Thatcher -- yet one more example of her dreadful legacy to this fast-disapprearing 'United' Kingdom!

Her use of the Scots as 'guinea-pigs' for the hated 'Poll-Tax' has never been forgotten, along with her destruction of Scotland's heavy manufacturing industries, etc. etc.!!

Almost single-handedly, from beyond the grave, the old witch has probably destroyed the Act of Union, by stirring up such hate and resentment against her and her acolytes that the Scots will secede -- and (probably) self-destruct -- what an evil old hag she was!

It's as simple as that really Brian!

Colin.

P.S. If you don't believe me, read this:- http://www.newstatesman.com/uk-politics/2009/02/scottish-scotland-thatcher

Cheers,

C.

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2014-09-14 1:32 PM

Hi, it does seem to be the way ? I really cant understand why the Scots seem to hate the English, where as from most of the English I know dont seem to have the same feeling towards them.

Can anyone explain why they appear to hate us ?

It's quite easy really -- very simple -- Apart from historical hate -- Edward the1st -- "Hammer of the Scots",the Battle of Culloden, etc. etc., the most recent cause for Scots hate of the English is Maggie Thatcher -- yet one more example of her dreadful legacy to this fast-disapprearing 'United' Kingdom!

Her use of the Scots as 'guinea-pigs' for the hated 'Poll-Tax' has never been forgotten, along with her destruction of Scotland's heavy manufacturing industries, etc. etc.!!

Almost single-handedly, from beyond the grave, the old witch has probably destroyed the Act of Union, by stirring up such hate and resentment against her and her acolytes that the Scots will secede -- and (probably) self-destruct -- what an evil old hag she was!

It's as simple as that really Brian!

Colin.

P.S. If you don't believe me, read this:- http://www.newstatesman.com/uk-politics/2009/02/scottish-scotland-thatcher

Cheers,

C.

Reckon that view of Maggie extends a lot further South than Hadrian's Wall >:-)............

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2014-09-14 4:03 PM

They're English, they moved up there with the retreating ice age.

I suspect they got fed up with the Neanderthals down South :D.............

duetto owner - 2014-09-15 8:40 AM

its up to the Scots if they want independence. if they vote yes i can see a lot of arguments on sharing the nat debt, military assets, oil,and other currency

Not much of a problem. They stand...Nat Debt 8%, The get Military cut of 8%, Oil..Get a map and draw a line from Carlisle to Berwick...and if Cameran is smart he should go for North Berwick :D then carry the line out into the North Sea for 200ml but not overlapping into other countries boundaries such as Norway, Same again from Carlisle to Isle of Man then up to Rathlin Island that puts the 200 mile boundary right over Scotland so Scotland is ours :D .Lastly, peg the Scottish pound to the Argentine Peso.

There..Job Done and no arguments. ;-)

Dave :D

Guest pelmetman

As a quarter Scottish I urge folk to vote yes ;-)...................and as a quarter Welsh I urge folk to vote yes :D....................the 2 parts English are to busy arguing (lol)..............

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-09-15 8:48 PM

Seems to me that every time Cameron appears on TV, the 'yes' vote is likely to go up.

Which reminds me that he hasn't mentioned " hard working families " for the last couple of weeks. Doesn't he care about them any more ?

;-)

He never did Malc ;-)..................that's why the Tory's are in the do do........... because the hardworking families have been offered fruitcake :D..........................

Guest pelmetman
kelly58 - 2014-09-16 8:01 AM

If it's a no vote how many hours / minutes will it take for Salmond to resign ?

Looks to me like he's won whether the Scots vote yes or no :D....................

It is totally undemocratic. It took both sides to agree to the union, so how come the rest of us dont have a vote? As has been said Salmon has already got devmax so will claim a win whatever the outcome. I will expect any incentives given to the Scots to also be granted to the Engs Welsh and N.I brigade. Democracy and all that. Scotland 33% of the land but only 8% of the population. I expect that it will be NO. Only 2 days to go. C.

Guest pelmetman
Not ridiculous from the SNP point of view............they're on a win win...........vote Yes and they'll get their Nirvana............vote No and they'll have virtually the same powers ;-)..............But with the English picking up the tab 8-)................I suspect a No vote is on the cards :-|.............

This is interesting..............

The Scots nearly had their own parliament 100 years ago!

See here folks:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29048884

All of this current malarky might never have been neccessary -- I find the twists and turns of fate/history absolutely fascinating!

Cheers,

Colin.

P.S. Good to see you back on here Clive, I agree with your comments and hope for a 'No' result, whilst having a horrible suspicion that 'Yes' is what will happen!

C.

Colin Leake - 2014-09-17 10:23 PM

Let em go I say then simply use our military might to take back control on our terms not theirs. It's been done before I believe and it should be quite straight forward.

The poll's say it's virtually 50/50, all we do is sit back and wait for a short time. Shrek Salmond will soon get impatient waiting for his Crown on Scones.

Dave

Colin....are you getting your Clive's mixed up. Clive Mott-Gotobed didn't leave the forum as far has I know. But It would be nice to see CliveH back ;-)

nowtelse2do - 2014-09-17 11:05 PM

"Colin....are you getting your Clive's mixed up?" No -- I meant Clive M-G. I haven't seen him contribute to 'Chatterbox' for a very long time -- if ever, so I was glad to welcome his contribution.

"Clive Mott-Gotobed didn't leave the forum as far has I know.But It would be nice to see CliveH back." ;-)

Oh no it would't! I, for one, am really pleased that the self-opinionated old Tory bore, who always wanted the last word and 'banged on' about his own particular 'hobby horses' until we were heartily sick of them, has finally sloped off this forum --he didn't own a motorhome, nor even a touring caravan, so had no real right to be on here at all! He was a fraud -- like his misplaced nonsense on global warming/climate change!

good riddance!

Colin.

Archived