Removing sticky blob

Rees

Two years back I used a sticky blob (not know the make etc) to attach a small digital clock to the 'wood' wall of my Autocruise Accent motorhome. Now I want to remove the clock and blob without damaging the wood wall. Advice please.

It has been suggested that I use gentle heat from a hair dryer. Please any other suggestions?

The wood wall of the van is probably paper veneer and it damages very easily and is often not colourfast against solvents like white spirit or thinners.

I would use my fingernails to gradually peel it away working from each side towards the centre to minimise any damage.

If all else fails stick another clock or summat appropriate on to cover the spot!

Another vote for " Sticky stuff remover " brilliant stuff for getting rid of almost all residues of those kind of sticky pads, just allow it to penetrate before just using your finger in circular motions, then clean up with a drop of diluted washing up liquid and kitchen towel.

Guest Peter James

Tap a loose stanley knife blade behind the clock to slice through the sticky stuff.

I have found petrol the best stuff for getting sticky stuff off. But I don't know how it would affect the surface.

Joe90 - 2014-09-30 6:01 PM

Another vote for " Sticky stuff remover " brilliant stuff for getting rid of almost all residues of those kind of sticky pads, just allow it to penetrate before just using your finger in circular motions, then clean up with a drop of diluted washing up liquid and kitchen towel.

My wife swears by this stuff and I must admit it does work. We have fixed similar small items to,our motorhomes with Blue Tack. Works well and is easy to remove when required. Much better bet than sticky pads.

I am much indebted to all who provided me with advice and guidance on removing the sticky blob from the wood walls of my Autocruise Accent. I followed the advice, using a hair drier on low setting (very gentle heat) and then removed the sticky blob using my finger nails and thumb skin. It all came off easily but it took time and patience. Again, very many thanks for all your suggestions based on your own experiences.

Archived