Car carrier world tour

Geeco

I have never really thought about it until now but roll on roll off car transporter ships seem to be the modern day tramp steamer. My AT Tracker FB has finally arrived in port near Sydney  (Port Kembla). It has taken almost two months since it left England. The MH left the factory at Grimsby then loaded onto the Hoegh America. The ship then travelled to Bremerhaven, then Le Havre, Southampton & Santander. I then found it in port in Tangier, next stop Durban  South Africa after a long journey down the west coast of Africa.3 series BMW & C class Mercs for the au market are assembled in Sth Africa. From there to Port Louis in beautiful Mauritius. After a long crossing of the Indian Ocean it hits land at Melbourne Australia. Then up the east coast to Port Kembla, followed by Brisbane further north. Next stop is Incheon South Korea. I assume it will load up with Kia, Hyundai etc and head back to Europe. as the advert says join the merchant navy to see the world. The fascinating thing is I can watch all this real time from the safety of mt Ipad.  The Tracker is due for handover on 16th Jan after Fiat Au sorts out the paperwork to cover warranty & road service . Then the dealer will fit a couple of extras and it should be all mine. Oh yes after I have been separated from my hard earned!  It is summer here at present  (30c+) so I guess I will see how good the English aircon is in the back end. Do I sound excited? 

Happy new year to all you characters that contribute to my early morning laughter as I read the great dialogue on this forum. I do think Arthur Dent ( whoever he is) should be knighted for his services to English literature!!!

Brian Kirby - 2015-01-01 11:21 AM

Now you know the route, are you thinking of bringing it back to UK for a tour Gary? :-D Happy New Year, happy travels, and don't forget the "Roo-bars"!

Anyone know what a return ticket would cost?! Vehicle only of course.

Happy and healthy 2015 to you all by the way,

alan b

Archived