Sliding Table.

alanedwin

Do you mean like this type of thing?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181601738273?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

If so yes I have in a dinette layout Autosleeper Talisman and it works well in allowing the table to slide back and forth to aid access both to the seats and to the under lockers.

The table should also lift off and the leg fold flat for stowage - or you can travel with it in situ.

Tracker,

No. What I have is a fixed table in the middle of two couches. What I want to do is slide the table base between the front seats.

I am thinking of a flush fitting track in the floor that I can attach the table base to. There is something called Proline in the USA which looks perfect but I can't find anything over here.

Alan

Sorry Alan as I'm not familiar with your van I misunderstood.

I've never been a lover of fixed tables as they always seem to me to be over engineered (aka heavy) and obstructive, particularly as there are long periods of time when we don't want a table taking up floor space!

I knew a chap who removed one from a Hymer A class many years ago but I seem to recall it was not as straight forward or simple as he expected, although the space gained was amazing?

Is there an owners club that might be able to help?

I am assuming it is you sat in your new MH in the last post of this thread... Link and that the table appears to be a long way from you sat in the swivelled front seat and this is what you are trying to address.

As an alternative, could you add a 'flip up' section to the table to bring it nearer the front seats?

Keith.

Thanks for the replies.

What I have been told by SWMBO is that the table is ok for when we are used as the clubhouse, which is often, but too big for just the two of us. My idea is to make a removable smaller table to fit the pedestal and to mount the pedestal on a flush fit track in the floor so that it will move between the front seats.

So I have been looking online for a suitable track system.

I’ve attached a photo of the type of table ‘track’ system fitted to some Frankia models.

You might try contacting a UK Frankia dealership to see if the track and fittings can be obtained

http://www.cranhammotorhomes.co.uk/sitemap/FRANKIA_MOTORHOMES.htm

Personally, I’ve never been much taken by Frankia’s sliding table feature. It seems unnecessarily complex to me and the Frankia exhibition models I’ve seen at shows all showed wear on the tracks caused by dirt and grit getting into them

2064996364_Frankiatable.jpg.a27d5628bfca5590fa301e134cf012e2.jpg

That frankia has exactly the same table base as ours.

I have found a company called Kinedyne which makes loading rails for van floors and one of their products looks ideal. When I get the van next week I shall sus out the floor situation and let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile thanks for the help and advice.

Alan

lennyhb - 2015-01-24 7:27 PM

You don't say what you van is, looking at the Frankia one I would say it would only be possible if your van has a double floor or a raised lounge floor. I have the same reservations as Derek, I think you would need to carry a vacuum cleaner. (lol)

From Alan’s earler posting (link provided by Keithl) his motorhome will be a 2003 Le Voyageur LVX 675.

The table arrangement will be as shown in the attached photo and it’s evident that the original table will be pretty large when unfolded. With my Hobby motorhome the table-top could be slid towards the vehicle’s front or rear as well as side-to-side. I don’t know if that’s the case with the Le Voyageur’s table-top, though it’s clear from photos that it can be rotated. For stability, the pedestal of the sliding table used by Frankia is long front-to-rear - seemingly a lot longer than the Le Voyageur’s. There’s also a mechanism in the Frankia table’s base to lock it securely to the floor-tracks.

The Frankia’s small sliding table will be unsuitable for the regular ‘clubhouse’ get-togethers that Alan has mentioned, while the Le Voageur’s big folding table will be much more satisfactory. I do wonder how genuinely obstructive Alan’s wife will find the Le Voyageur’s table in use as, when folded, it doesn’t seem to get in the way and I suspect it only takes seconds to open or fold it.

While it’s normal to research possible modifications to a motorhome prior to obtaining it (I’ve got a long list for my forthcoming Rapido), in this instance it might be wise to ‘suck it and see’ for a while before committing to changing the present table set-up.

1219481546_LVX675table.jpg.9c35d82d28b9ec75b3ce2f61861f0b68.jpg

If experience proves the table to be a pain in the tailpipe have you considered temporarily removing it completely and replacing it with a folding picnic type table that can be moved or removed according to where you do or don't want it and stored flat out of the way?

Then based on that experience you might be better placed to decide what long term solution best suits your style of use if for no other reason than what may be right for some folks will not be right for others?

• 4 weeks later...

I told you it wouldn't take long to get back to this.

The table is great. It swivels, the top slides across as well.........but SWMBO still wants a smaller top for use when just two of us tour.

I went to remove it and cannot work out how to do it. There are no screws or anything under the top inside the base and if you slide the top as far as it will go you can only access two screws holding the tracks that the top slides on. The other end of the track is well hidden under the top and is unaccessible.

Has anyone got a similar table?

Alan

I’d start by undoing any screw that I could reach that clearly held the table-top to the top of the pedestal. I’d then rotate and slide the table-top every which way to see if any other retaining screws appeared.

Le Voyageur’s table design may well be unique and the company won’t have anticipated a motorhome owner’s wife demanding that their wonderfully engineeered, sliding, swivelling, hinging piece of de luxe furniture be modified. Logically, the table-top should be removable from its pedestal, but you shouldn’t necessarily expect it to come off easily.

You might try Hayes Leisure as, if anyone in the UK is likely to have practical experience of removing Le Voyageur table-tops, it will be them.

http://www.hayesleisure.co.uk/new-le-voyageur-motorhomes

Archived