Motorhome Oven & Carpet Cleaning

grime away

Good afternoon,

I have a cleaning business based in Essex and would like to get the views of the motorhome community.

Would any of you consider using a professional oven and carpet cleaning company to clean your these items in your motorhome at the end of the season or at the start of the new season?

Your comments would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Ian

I have done so. My MH is my pride and joy but when we called in professional cleaners to help prepare the house for sale (not that we're particularly filthy people I hasten to add) I got them to do the MH carpets and they did a cracking job. They use clever, professional equipment and chemicals and make a much better job than you can do yourself - or at least than I can do.

Our cars and the MH are absolutely filthy at the moment because of the salt on the road so next week we're treating ourself to a professional valeting of all three. He comes in a van with a hot water cleaning machine and all the professional chemicals. He's patient enough to get all the dog hairs off too.

The cost is reasonable. In the case of the mobile valeter I pay £100 for three vehicles, cleaned inside and out, including polishing, tyre blacking, the full treatment - and including the MH roof. It takes him three or four hours.

The MH had its MOT and is also geting serviced before valeting, so it will then hide in the garage until our next trip. Having a garage for the MH is of course a real bonus.

No. Wouldn't even use a company for the house cleaning.

Might be worth you trying a less direct tack and avoiding a closed question that invites a "no' response. A question such as, "How important is a clean carpet and cooker to you?" or "How difficult do you find it to keep your carpet and oven clean?" might engage people.

Oh and forum members tend not to like advertising in posts.

Back to the drawing board, Ian?

Can only echo some of the above comments, and although we do use our oven quite a lot it is usually only for reheating ready meals that rarely cause and mess, as for carpets we always slip our footwear off on a slip mat just inside the door, as it would seem most others do. So it's not an idea I'd be pitching on Dragons Den :-(

Guest Had Enough
StuartO - 2015-02-07 3:35 PM

I have done so. My MH is my pride and joy but when we called in professional cleaners to help prepare the house for sale (not that we're particularly filthy people I hasten to add) I got them to do the MH carpets and they did a cracking job. They use clever, professional equipment and chemicals and make a much better job than you can do yourself - or at least than I can do.

Our cars and the MH are absolutely filthy at the moment because of the salt on the road so next week we're treating ourself to a professional valeting of all three. He comes in a van with a hot water cleaning machine and all the professional chemicals. He's patient enough to get all the dog hairs off too.

The cost is reasonable. In the case of the mobile valeter I pay £100 for three vehicles, cleaned inside and out, including polishing, tyre blacking, the full treatment - and including the MH roof. It takes him three or four hours.

The MH had its MOT and is also geting serviced before valeting, so it will then hide in the garage until our next trip. Having a garage for the MH is of course a real bonus.

Who is your mobile car valet man please? He may be handy for me.

I do not let our van get dirty so would not require such a service.

The oven and top burners are always cleaned after every use so no build up of grime. When I give the van a once over on return home I finish off the gloss black top surface of the oven using a spray bottle of car detail polish as I find this is the best way to get a gleaming finish.

We have loose fitted carpets but take our outdoor shoes off every time standing on a boot tray inside the door. We have an additional carpet runner in front of the kitchen section in case there is any spillage.

After every use the van is hoovered, dusted, bathroom and kitchen cleaned and cab area given a once over, whether it needs it or not. The outside of the van is washed, windows cleaned and underside jet washed, all ready for the next outing.

I am probably odd and no doubt a bit OCD but I love cleaning the van ( and my cars).

What my wife can't understand is that I am not remotely interested in doing housework!!

Don

Certainly you are not odd as I do the same.

We use our oven but are very careful how we cook and what we cook things in and of course we clean the oven after use. Whether it be the caravan or motorhome, when we sold or PX'd, the oven looked like new.

As for the original OP questions though I could see a business in the carpet side but I think most of us keep our ovens clean or do not use them at all.

Alan

Don636 - 2015-02-07 6:09 PM

I do not let our van get dirty so would not require such a service.

The oven and top burners are always cleaned after every use so no build up of grime. When I give the van a once over on return home I finish off the gloss black top surface of the oven using a spray bottle of car detail polish as I find this is the best way to get a gleaming finish.

We have loose fitted carpets but take our outdoor shoes off every time standing on a boot tray inside the door. We have an additional carpet runner in front of the kitchen section in case there is any spillage.

After every use the van is hoovered, dusted, bathroom and kitchen cleaned and cab area given a once over, whether it needs it or not. The outside of the van is washed, windows cleaned and underside jet washed, all ready for the next outing.

I am probably odd and no doubt a bit OCD but I love cleaning the van ( and my cars).

What my wife can't understand is that I am not remotely interested in doing housework!!

There is a demand for your services, I should know I do interior valets on motorhomes and caravans as well as exterior valets. you would probably increase your appeal to customers if you offer upholstery cleaning in addition to carpets or separately. As you can see a lot of owners do prefer to do these chores themselves, but even some that prefer DIY will still want your services when selling ( sometime) and especially buying. Some people are ok with cleaning their own dirt but draw the line at other peoples dirt. I wish you well in your venture

Guest pelmetman

We have a 25 year old oven and carpet that's only had light use by 2 adults 4 dogs 2 cats and the occasional visitor ;-) ...........any idea on cost? :D ...............

Guest Had Enough
StuartO - 2015-02-10 12:36 PM

StuartO - 2015-02-07 5:52 PM

Had Enough - 2015-02-07 4:12 PM

Who is your mobile car valet man please? He may be handy for me.

Lancashire Mobile Valeting, Shane Hargreaves, 07990 586585.

Just heard that he no longer wishes to do non-commercial work.

Thanks. That's a shame as my MH is stored in Preston and it would have been handy to have it done well once a year. I found his website and he seems good.

http://www.lancashirevaleting.co.uk/

Archived