Lunar Champ A601 04 reg interior lights

GeorgeIV

I would like to fit LEDs in the interior lights but can't find out how to open them up. Obviously I don't want to break them! In any case if I need to change a bulb I'll need to do this. The handbook is useless/often wrong as usual.

I hope I will be able to attache a jpeg as there seems to be an option below . . .

Guest Joe90
If the are flush mounted ones that look similar to these, it's just a matter of prising off the outer ring with something small and flat, on the outside part of the ring if you know what I mean :-S to replace the halogen bulb which is normally a G4 type bulb, and retain the little glass cover it's sometimes necessary to remove the reflector as well to accommodate the led unit, then the outer ring simply clips back on.

light.jpg.6dc78d3413cd83027b132218c145f5c3.jpg

Hi George and welcome to the forum,

They appear identical to those in our Auto Trail (other than colour) so to remove them you turn them anti-clockwise all the way and then a bit more!

You'll feel them move freely then come to a 'stop' after which they need just a little bit more effort to overcome the detent. Refitting is a matter of locating the lugs and then turning clockwise.

HTH,

Keith.

This 2012 forum discussion should be helpful

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Hints-and-Tips/Interior-lights-disassemble/29386/

You’ll see that Keithl’s advice was that the light needs to be turned anticlockwise when looking UP at the light.

As following Keith’s guidance allowed the light in the 2012 photo (which matches yours) to be disassembled, turning anticlockwise looking up should also work with your lights.

Assuming that you can actually rotate one of your lights in the recommended direction, when it reaches the ‘dead stop’ try wiggling the lthe thing about and pulling on it to see if it will come apart.

Archived